·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Only part of my Volvo filled day.

Parts car

Our cars (Me and Scooby on the right)

Before cam/springs removal/cleaning

All the new parts (except turbo which has yet to arrive)
Timing and serpentine belt kit, fuel filter, valve stem seals, spark plug seals, cam seals, turbo gaskets, 20 new lifters... etc.

All cleaned up and installing new stem seals, woot :D

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
It says S60R in your sig, but what car are these engine shots from? Forgive me I'm not recognizing half that engine bay.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Says "Parts Car" and has a picture of an S60 it looks like with pieces missing but it def ain't an R.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
373 Posts
Looks like an R to me. The parts car is missing the grill, emblems, headlight glass, fog lamps & lower valance inserts... but it looks like an R to me... or at least a 2004-2006 S60. No way it's 94-96 850.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Looks like an R to me. The parts car is missing the grill, emblems, headlight glass, fog lamps & lower valance inserts... but it looks like an R to me... or at least a 2004-2006 S60. No way it's 94-96 850.
Look closer , it still has a throttle cable, look a little closer it has the old style abs module, look even closer you will see a vacuum tree, if you look even closer than that....it has old style power steering pump.

Not a s60

Sent from my Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
And that 850 is red and the parts R is silver......clearly not a S60 engine bay anyway

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
It's a 97 850 turbo lpt, transforming it into essentially a slightly modified T5

·
Registered
543 Posts
Dude, you got your phone pics all out of sorts :)

DrBrutal is helping me with my '97 855 GLT, which needed new stem seals and lifters (finished that yesterday). It's also getting a 16t to replace the 13t - due to arrive on Wednesday. A few other things went on; timing belt, water pump, a few pulleys, tensioners and what-not. Next up is painting the front bumper to remove the damage from 250K miles, a new-to-me Volvo spoiler, new-to-me fog lights, might even get new rotors & pads, too. Got to get it ready to handover to my daughter, hopefully by Sunday!

At the same time, he's helping Scooby with anewly acquired S60 parts car.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
If I didn't have so much work and school, I would come by and bother you guys :p Question, were you in Palatine with your R sometime this month..? Spotted an R identical to yours at Culvers by my house... Passion red, no sport kit, and pretty sure it was nordkap..?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dude, you got your phone pics all out of sorts :)

DrBrutal is helping me with my '97 855 GLT, which needed new stem seals and lifters (finished that yesterday). It's also getting a 16t to replace the 13t - due to arrive on Wednesday. A few other things went on; timing belt, water pump, a few pulleys, tensioners and what-not. Next up is painting the front bumper to remove the damage from 250K miles, a new-to-me Volvo spoiler, new-to-me fog lights, might even get new rotors & pads, too. Got to get it ready to handover to my daughter, hopefully by Sunday!

At the same time, he's helping Scooby with anewly acquired S60 parts car.
Not scooby, another local R owner lol Scooby is getting darton sleeves.

Too bad the turbo isn't coming in for another couple days....

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
If I didn't have so much work and school, I would come by and bother you guys :p Question, were you in Palatine with your R sometime this month..? Spotted an R identical to yours at Culvers by my house... Passion red, no sport kit, and pretty sure it was nordkap..?
He's got GOBI :D and low low miles... Jealous.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Passion Red/Vomit, oh jeez..
I've had the red 855 with black interior for the last 14 years. It was great when my daughters were young and their mother was letting them eat in the car, but now that they know not to eat in my car, the Gobi is just sexy! It looks much cleaner than black and the contrast between Gobi and the black trim inside is pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I've had the red 855 with black interior for the last 14 years. It was great when my daughters were young and their mother was letting them eat in the car, but now that they know not to eat in my car, the Gobi is just sexy! It looks much cleaner than black and the contrast between Gobi and the black trim inside is pretty cool.
:p I had gobi on my previous R. Just not my taste, but it doesn't look that bad in all honesty... Atacama goes great with TiGrey or Black Sapphire IMO. Jimmy, not sure if you've met him yet but has the same color as you and his gobi looks pretty nice with the red. With 33k miles, I'm sure your interior looks just as mint as his!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Met Jimmy; Not yet. Looks mint; yup :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
I'd love to meet another R in the area. It'll have to wait until August. Swim meet with the daughters this weekend in Rockford, then I'm in Europe for the next two - unless you want to drive down and lend a hand with the 850 repairs during the week! :)

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 20 Posts