SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well i gotta 1979 volvo bertone, and as with most of em, it has rust under on the cowl. i was wondering if there is any replacement for it. I think its basically welded to the car so no matter what there will be no easy bolt on solution but, its also got some rot on the inside of the a-pillar so im already planning to spend alot, but any suggestions??? thanks!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Re: volvo 262c bertone cowl rust (volvo262)

firstly, sell me the 760 turbo for the change in my ashtray (jk, but its one of my favorite cars now), secondly welcome to swedespeed!

your best bet is a junk yard in your area, or if you can tolerate the shipping, theres a volvo/saab dismantler in sacremento that deals specifically in volvos and saabs. they are very smart and you can use insider slang and they understand it. like asking for a B230FT exhaust valve and they know what that is.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: volvo 262c bertone cowl rust (Camyman)

Quote, originally posted by Camyman »
firstly, sell me the 760 turbo for the change in my ashtray (jk, but its one of my favorite cars now), secondly welcome to swedespeed!

your best bet is a junk yard in your area, or if you can tolerate the shipping, theres a volvo/saab dismantler in sacremento that deals specifically in volvos and saabs. they are very smart and you can use insider slang and they understand it. like asking for a B230FT exhaust valve and they know what that is.

Thanks for the welcome!

Haha well you cant have the 760!

Ive heard of that dismantler before. I mean im not sure if they would be willing to weld it off, but ill send them an email today. The fact that they are in california helps to, considering that i can probably find it rust free. It will be expensive, but ill have to do it because i have to do it on my 79 and my father needs one for his 78 we need to restore, except thats been sitting for over 16 years ond doesnt run!
Thank you for the suggestion though, because i dont want to do some half ass bondo repair (it looks like the previous owner did) so any suggestions are appretiated!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.