SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 T5 that has had numerous issues and have had several 2-3 week visits to dealers for work and trouble shooting etc in addition to the handful of 1 or 2 day visits .

With that being said they have agreed to take back the lease a year early if I go into another Volvo . The only reason I would is because I we have a 2018 T5 that has been flawless and trouble free so i think I just got a bad one .

The issue is they are not providing assistance financially to get into a new one with the same Msrp at anywhere near the payment I am paying now . This is due to a rebate that was available when I leased thatbis no longer a available obviously. I feel handcuffed that while they are providing assistance by taking the vehicle back I am forced to either pay about 100 more a month for the same vehicle or suffer through another year of problems . Anyone ever deal with anything like this and if so do you have any advice ? Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
I had a very poor experience with a buy back escalation from Volvo for my 2016. despite the dealer and all their techs telling me I have a lemon and that it needs to be bought back. Customer care was not willing to reimburse me a single dollar for a cumulative 2+ months the vehicle was in the shop.

I suggest you tough it out for another year, or
swap it for a short term (24mo) lease.

·
Registered
371 Posts
The only recourse you have is to buy a car from another manufacturer. Otherwise they have you where they want you...

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a very poor experience with a buy back escalation from Volvo for my 2016. despite the dealer and all their techs telling me I have a lemon and that it needs to be bought back. Customer care was not willing to reimburse me a single dollar for a cumulative 2+ months the vehicle was in the shop.

I suggest you tough it out for another year, or
swap it for a short term (24mo) lease.
What do you mean swap it for a short term lease ? I would love a 24 month lease but usually they are more expensive.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
What do you mean swap it for a short term lease ? I would love a 24 month lease but usually they are more expensive.

If you can hang tight another 5-6 months, you will be able to get out of it and into a new Volvo with no penalty.

·
Registered
298 Posts
This is what I would do:
1. Gather all your documented service on the vehicle (written)
2. Check your state Lemon Law documents and requirements.
3. If you meet the outlined problems and timelines, with number of visits to service, and time out of service, as stated in your Lemon law, go back to your dealership, with your supporting documentation, and state that your are going to file a Lemon Law claim with your state.
4. On our first T8 we had demonstratable issues that met the Lemon Law for the state of Florida. The dealership contacted Volvo, and they did not want to have to take back a "Lemon Law branded Vehicle", which will go onto the title, so they worked with us and got us into a new (at that time) T8. It took several months to get this done, but I had the paperwork filled out with the stamp on it ready to go to the State if they did not work with me as we met all the state requirements for a Lemon Law vehicle.

Good Luck. By checking with your individual state Lemon Law requirements, if you meet them, Volvo should do everything they can to put you into a new vehicle. Again, they do not want to take back a "Lemon Law" branded title vehicle, as it instantly will bring less at auction (we were quoted at least 30% here in Florida). Most states will require a minimum of 3 bids for a lease return vehicle, and most dealerships do this by running a vehicle through auction - thus they will receive at least 3 bids and will meet legal requirements. And, most dealerships will not want a "Lemon Law" vehicle in their inventory to sell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts