SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is the first issue I've had with my FE that I can't figure out.

The radio, both satellite and FM, stopped working or are very very faint; however the volume works great for phone calls and navigation. I've probably just missed something and I would appreciate help.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
This is the first issue I've had with my FE that I can't figure out.

The radio, both satellite and FM, stopped working or are very very faint; however the volume works great for phone calls and navigation. I've probably just missed something and I would appreciate help.

Thanks!
What about other audio sources, like mp3 on usb drive, phone music player through Bluetooth (probably works)?

Just to make sure only the radio/satellite receiver shows the problem.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about other audio sources, like mp3 on usb drive, phone music player through Bluetooth (probably works)?

Just to make sure only the radio/satellite receiver shows the problem.
Yes. It just the radio. I listened more carefully and I can hear it very, very faintly in the background. It's not the volume itself, which is fine with other sources. Can't figure it out.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Shot in the dark, but make sure your fade and balance didn't somehow get set to just one particular side of the car, like rear right. Make sure you aren't set to where it prioritizes sound for rear seat passengers. And make sure nothing is plugged into one of the input ports in the center console for the heck of it. Something tells me it's a setting somewhere that got changed and not a physical issue like a connector behind the radio but hey, anything surely is possible.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shot in the dark, but make sure your fade and balance didn't somehow get set to just one particular side of the car, like rear right. Make sure you aren't set to where it prioritizes sound for rear seat passengers. And make sure nothing is plugged into one of the input ports in the center console for the heck of it. Something tells me it's a setting somewhere that got changed and not a physical issue like a connector behind the radio but hey, anything surely is possible.
The radio volume is now working, just as mysteriously as it wasn't working. I shut the SUV down for an hour yesterday and then tried again ans still no volume. Perhaps sitting overnight did something. I think Paradox is right that something, not hardware related, did get changed and somehow reversed itself. It makes no sense to me and it makes me nervous.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts