SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I accelerate up a long hill I notice that my heater/ac fan speed decreases to almost zero. I am also having problems with stalling after acceleration. I think the voltage drop is the source of the stalling problem. What can cause the voltage drop?

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Re: Voltage drop during turbo boost (sambagby)

Welcome to Swedespeed, John.<p>The slow fan speed on a long uphill is related to very low engine vacuum.<p>George Dill<p>

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Re: Voltage drop during turbo boost (sambagby)

Doubt if voltage is droping, do your lights dim?<br>What's probably happening is the loss of engine vacuum is causing the flaps on the heater/AC unit to close. Look for a bad checkvalve on the vacuum line that connects the controls to the intake manifold. Does your car have a vacuum canister (looks like a couple of hollow tenis balls strung together)?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Re: Voltage drop during turbo boost (gdill2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>gdill2</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Welcome to Swedespeed, John.<p>The slow fan speed on a long uphill is related to very low engine vacuum.<p>George Dill<p></TD></TR></TABLE><p>I am with you Dill. ANd would ask him is the FAN speed really cutting down or the FLOW out put form teh dash vent? The later is jsut what you said Dill a VAC problem on hills for a small leak or such. And the MODE DOOR is having VAC source starvation at its BELLOWS and changing to defrost or floor at these times. Then once it gets full VAC source, it again goes back to preset dash vents mode.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts