SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though the map location on the display is correct on the display. I can search local POIs from the center display just fine, and it correctly shows my current location. All is good.

But when I try using various combinations of voice commands, the results are from the entire state of Indiana, where I live. I can say, “find a McDonalds,” “find a nearby McDonalds,” or “Find a McDonalds in Evansville, IN” and it will bring up results hundreds of miles away in the northern parts of the state. It’s not showing anything even remotely close to where I and my car are located.

I’ve tried it with and without the city name, various types of POIs and POI names. Nothing I say will bring up NEARBY results. It will only work correctly when I enter my search query through the center screen.

Help! Pulling my hair out! And thank you in advance. 🙂

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So VOC said they couldn't find anything in their info that explained this issue. (Sounded like she was just looking it up in the manual, tbh.) Anyway, she said I should take it to the dealer to update the software (not the maps, but the system software.) Funny thing is, I just took delivery three days ago, and they said everything had been updated.

I don't think this is it because it worked just fine during the test drive, but I don't know what else to do. Sounds like they didn't know the answer so they just punted it to the dealer/service.

Oh well...first world problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts