SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2018 XC90 T8 Inscription. According to the owner's manual, I am supposed to be able to use voice control to play a specific song or artist. http://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9512/~/voice-commands

I think I am missing something. Do I need to be in a specific music app for this to work? I've tried it when I have spotify open through the vehicle or through android auto, but this doesn't work. I feel like I'm missing something very obvious, like I have to have loaded the music into the car or have it on a USB drive or something?

Thanks for any guidance.

Amy

·
Registered
369 Posts
I am able to use the Sensus voice control to play a certain artist. I've only tried it when listening from USB storage. Just say "play <artist name>"

·
Registered
895 Posts
I can’t get it to do anything.
Not even the Aircon.
Unless I’m speaking in a different language, it doesn’t understand me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
427 Posts
:D don't go there... if there is a piece of SW in the xc90 that is an abysmal piece of animal waste is the voice control. If my family wants to have a fit of laughs we just try the voice command and see which WRONG action it takes when something is asked.
As a MY16 buyer I was expecting some "new car" issues, especially in the SW, but the voice steering is really really bad (and since I am venting: I cannot explain why Volvo never fixed the scrolling list in the music player, where the current song scrolls down and disappears from view)... oh well, stop complaining.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have you run the voice control update? It's a sticky at the top of the forum. I did and it controls everything fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts