SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling my wife's 2016XC60. Is it possible to transfer one's VOC subscription to the new owner of your vehicle?

Thanks Bill

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Selling my wife's 2016XC60. Is it possible to transfer one's VOC subscription to the new owner of your vehicle?

Thanks Bill
Yes.

The explanation should be in the Sensus with VOC manual. Here is a sample for MY16 XC90.

https://www.volvocars.com/mt/suppor...ange-of-ownership-for-cars-with-volvo-on-call

The key points that I saw / heard were:

1. Contact Volvo to cancel your service.
2. Current owner should remove the car from the App and possibly reset your car to factory settings - but see what Volvo Care instructs you to do.
3. The remaining subscription follows the VIN.
4. The new owner would contact the dealer to initiate VOC and retrieve credits if any.

Never done it so this is novice, arm-chair advice. Good luck.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes.

The explanation should be in the Sensus with VOC manual. Here is a sample for MY16 XC90.

https://www.volvocars.com/mt/suppor...ange-of-ownership-for-cars-with-volvo-on-call

The key points that I saw / heard were:

1. Contact Volvo to cancel your service.
2. Current owner should remove the car from the App and possibly reset your car to factory settings - but see what Volvo Care instructs you to do.
3. The remaining subscription follows the VIN.
4. The new owner would contact the dealer to initiate VOC and retrieve credits if any.

Never done it so this is novice, arm-chair advice. Good luck.

Thanks for the detailed info.
Bill

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
If you go to Profile on your VOC app, you then go to Connected Vehicles, then click on the appropriate of more than one and then click on Link for “I no longer own this vehicle.”

You probably already figured that out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If the previous owner doesn't do the procedure, the new one can get in touch with Volvo to request the VIN of the car to his own Volvo ID.
I recently did this with my V40, it might take a little longer and several emails/calls to get it working but works flawlessly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts