SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I've got the XC90 (late 2019 model) and the Remote Start feature in VOC app doesn't seem to work flawlessly. The manual says the car goes into some sort of a waiting mode in 10 days of standby or so and when it does you shouldn't be able to start the engine remotely. Somehow this amount of time in my case is shortened to 4-5 days. The app just says "your Volvo is in safety mode" and that's it. The dealer here can't tell anything specific - so i'm asking here: has anyone had similiar issues? Thank you!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
In my experience, five days is the right timeframe. After that, it goes into standby - that safety mode. I am basing this on my 2017 T8. I don't know if that has been changed, but it was not ten days for me.
When I first bought my 2016 and then 2017 cars, the standby feature was hit or miss. The result is that I kept coming back from week long trips to empty batteries. Honestly, I would not complain about this... it beats coming back to a dead vehicle. You want it to go into standby - and sooner, rather than later. But that is just my take.

·
Registered
443 Posts
During the warmer months I didn't notice standby mode, though the car typically sits for close to a week these days. As soon as the temperature dropped it started to go to standby each week. Not too big a deal but I'm really fond of the parking climate feature so I try to go start the car midweek in order to break the cycle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
We had an issue similar to this in our 16' T8, as well as auto start-stop not working at all. Dealer diagnosed this as a faulty battery and replaced under warranty. Not sure but I believe there are two batteries in the XC90? The dealer replaced the rear battery with the orange high-amperage cables. The problem hasn't occurred since.

·
Super Moderator
39,184 Posts
During the warmer months I didn't notice standby mode, though the car typically sits for close to a week these days. As soon as the temperature dropped it started to go to standby each week. Not too big a deal but I'm really fond of the parking climate feature so I try to go start the car midweek in order to break the cycle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Car will go to standby mode, after 5 days of inactivity regardless of time of the year.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Car will go to standby mode, after 5 days of inactivity regardless of time of the year.
Interesting. I'll have to pay more attention but I would swear we weren't going anywhere this summer and I know I only got the standby message in on call... Got it. I wasn't using on call because I didn't need to do the parking climate when it was warmer. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts