SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I own a ’20 XC90 with Volvo On Call. Since more than a month application only updates car with service when the car is on ignition mode.

I can’t send any command or see any updates when I turn the car off.

VoC app doesn’t Show any error on Diagnostic as well.

Asked many dealers but nobody found an error on ViDA.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Hello,

I own a ’20 XC90 with Volvo On Call. Since more than a month application only updates car with service when the car is on ignition mode.

I can’t send any command or see any updates when I turn the car off.

VoC app doesn’t Show any error on Diagnostic as well.

Asked many dealers but nobody found an error on ViDA.
My reading is that the ignition must be active and on for internet connectivity and updates. Here are the explanations of modes:

The manual states that updates OTA do not occur without an Internet connection which means to me that the ignition must on modes 1, 2, or 2+brake (started).

This is not an error from what I have read and understand.

All the best from Minnesota USA,
A fine MY16 XC90 T8

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,
It’s about the VCM IMEI registration issue. I’ve registered the p-SIM module but didn’t do the same for VCM.
Is it possible to reach VCM IMEI number via ViDA?

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Hello,
It’s about the VCM IMEI registration issue. I’ve registered the p-SIM module but didn’t do the same for VCM.
Is it possible to reach VCM IMEI number via ViDA?
You mean registering the VCM IMEI to your wireless carrier? Volvo should do it. Customer or dealer don't need to. They should have the IMEI from VIN database, or printed somewhere on the VCM hardware.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not to the carrier but to the regulator. Each exported GSM modules should registered to regulator in Turkey.
And Volvo doesn’t do that more than a year so basically they don’t activate VoC in Turkey.

Somehow I’ve activated mine but I have to register the IMEI by myself.

I thought the same and searched for VCM visuals on Google, they all printed MAC adresses of Wi-fi modules but no imei.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts