SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
VOC / Connectivity Expert
548 Posts
I have older Chamberlain/Liftmaster garage door openers that are directly controlled via Homelink by my Volvo, as they were with my Tesla (neither openers have built-in internet connectivity as newer models do.)

Rather than replace both perfectly working openers just to gain internet connectivity, I added a Chamberlain myQ gateway awhile back for $49, connecting those legacy openers to my myQ iPhone App and Apple HomeKit environment. That lets me control the doors remotely as if the openers were newer-gen internet models themselves, notifies me via email/text if the doors are open too long, and later my home automation will automatically close the doors if I didn’t do it first.
Glad to know we're on the right track :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Glad to know we're on the right track :)
Yes.

One thing with this automatic car/garage door opener thing ... if you have not found them yet, there are a bunch of scenarios that can cause failures, some far worse than others. It’s easy for owners to request making the garage door open as I start my car, or close the door when I turn it off — but, all the logic has to also be in place to deal with conditions where an owner hasn’t fully pulled-into their garage, so it’s blocked and the door starts to come down on the vehicle; the owner pulls into the driveway, door opens, but the car never pulls all the way in; owner remotely starts the car, door perhaps opens, but what if it does not and the car kept running — or even worse, cellular and/or internet service dies in the middle of that and you’re left with a running car inside a closed garage; etc. Fun for designers like yourself to work through, but for others with broad requirements that have never had to do detailed systems design or programming, it’s the odd cases that will bite you, you know where, when you least expect it — and what can make seemingly simple things very hard to do in a dependable and safe way, 100% of the time.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Integration with Outlook Calendar to send the address of my next meeting directly to my car. I had a Windows Phone (I know, I know!) and Outlook Calendar was integrated with VoC. I replaced it with an iPhone, installed Outlook and was surprised to learn my calendar was not accessible by VoC in Apple iOS. I guess it shouldn't be too difficult to implement, because you already did it in another platform.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Integration with Outlook Calendar to send the address of my next meeting directly to my car. I had a Windows Phone (I know, I know!) and Outlook Calendar was integrated with VoC. I replaced it with an iPhone, installed Outlook and was surprised to learn my calendar was not accessible by VoC in Apple iOS. I guess it shouldn't be too difficult to implement, because you already did it in another platform.

Thanks!
+1

I have been opening meeting locations from Outlook with Apple Maps, and then sharing it from maps to VoC as a work-around. I’m amazed at the lengths I’ll go through not to type on my iPhone.

·
VOC / Connectivity Expert
548 Posts

Thanks!

Thanks!
+1

I have been opening meeting locations from Outlook with Apple Maps, and then sharing it from maps to VoC as a work-around. I’m amazed at the lengths I’ll go through not to type on my iPhone.
Let me see what I can find out.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Add a countdown clock when remote start is used, so we can see how much time is left before the car turns off.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Android users can't send addresses to VoC from Google maps, which is annoying.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Android users can't send addresses to VoC from Google maps, which is annoying.
For sending address from VoC to car, I see the second one will override the first one. Is it possible to let the car receive and keep two or more address in a row?

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have been successful in sending multiple destinations. There were occasions in which the notifications for the other destinations had disappeared but they were still available in the destinations “window?”.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Is it possible to show status of the windows, and moonroof (if they're closed, or not closed)? In the same way that door status is shown as Locked or Unlocked.

The windows and moonroof have "closed" sensors for the CleanZone system I believe, but I'm not sure if those sensors are part of the vehicles "connected car" system.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Real temperature of the car / passenger compartment

I have wish to have real temperature of the car/passenger compartment shown in the VoC app. No internet weather service temperatures.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It would be awesome for the VOC App to have two factor authentication for first time sign-ins and the ability to sign out of all authorized devices.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Any updates on getting Google Assistant support for USA?

·
Registered
5 Posts
LIGHTS on REMOTE START?

I apologize if this has been asked before. I just got a 2020 T6 S60 AWD and i have been able to use VoC to remote start it. I would like to have the headlights come on when it remote starts. Seems simple and my other cars did so. Is there a setting that controls this function or it just doesn't happen with Volvo remote starts at present?

41 - 55 of 55 Posts