SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone considered Hilton tuning? Supposedly it provides access to ME7 tuning parameters over ODB bus allowing true personal engine tuning?

I've waited for this a long time, just not sure what additional gear/instrumentation I need to do things right.

I got a very nice improvement switching from IDP to RICA several years ago, since it incorporated a stage 2 for my Ferrita exhaust. I would like to have a torque delete and special file to push the W/M kit, as well as upgrade my tranny sometime next year.

·
Registered
670 Posts
For hardware, DICE is the typical interface cable, and a laptop to connect to it.

Volvo put some annoying torque limiters in first gear, that weren't very conducive to good 60' times. Hilton can remove those, so you can power brake, build boost and launch hard. Be sure to have a 300m input shaft if launching on DRs and a 7/8ths chain regardless of tire choice.

Transmission tuning pretty much doesn't exist because there is a standalone controller no one has bothered to figure out. Not many have ventured to modify that one. You'll have to work with your transmission builder to tune the valve body to suit your power level.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts