SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have contacted VIVA Performance twice via email trying to get more info on their Euro Bi-Xenon replacement headlights for the R. I am tired of running over things I don't see at night until they are right in front of me.

I have not received any answer from VIVA. Does anybody out there have any experience with this product or the company? Their inability to answer me in a timely fashion does not inspire confidence.

For those who don't know, they are listed here http://www.vivaperformance.com

Thanks,
JMAIII

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Re: VIVA Performance Euro Bi-Xenon Headlights (MASH)

Quote, originally posted by MASH »
George is out of town this weekend. I am sure he will get back to you on monday. He is a great guy to work with! Rick

I've heard nothing but excellent reports from working with George, no direct experience myself but I wouldn't hesitate to buy from Viva

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: VIVA Performance Euro Bi-Xenon Headlights (kenschel)

My apologies to George.

Thanks for providing feedback on VIVA. I will wait until he returns.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Re: VIVA Performance Euro Bi-Xenon Headlights (johnauten)

Quote, originally posted by johnauten »
I have contacted VIVA Performance twice via email trying to get more info on their Euro Bi-Xenon replacement headlights for the R.

It isn't "their" bi-xenon replacements, those are the official Volvo European spec headlights. That is why they are so expensive, they cost $2200 over here, prior to shipping and insurance back to the states, which is over $100. Recently, the bi-xenons jumped in price 28%, so his listing of $2299 actually a good price.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=55861

And as someone who has had them on his US Spec R for over a year now, they are worth every penny. Besides looking much better without that orange reflector, I can actually see far enough ahead to drive on the autobahn at high speeds, or through the very dark, no reflector country roads here in Europe.

Here is my thread where I detail all the lighting changes on my R.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=40098

George is awesome to deal with btw... http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Re: (slowrey)

Quote, originally posted by slowrey »
So kelly do you think when you move back to the states that you will find that you will have any issues electronically with the new lights?

... or with DOT approval for licensing in the US???

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Re: (slowrey)

Quote, originally posted by slowrey »
So kelly do you think when you move back to the states that you will find that you will have any issues electronically with the new lights?

Is there a different electromagnetic field in the US versus Europe I'm unaware of? Gravity seems the same when I travel back and forth...

Quote, originally posted by RainyS60R »
... or with DOT approval for licensing in the US???

Well, if after 15 Jun you all see me begging for amber reflective tape, you'll know Inga is locked up in customs. Seriously, Sean, does whoever you got that white stuff you put on the outside of your lights make some in amber?

But Volvo is actually doing the shipping back, and the chance of there being one high-speed port agent that notices there isn't a amber reflector while simultaneously missing the illegal aliens, drugs, guns and WMD being smuggled in is very good. Or maybe it is...

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (George @ ViVA)

George,

I dug back through old postings on the Euro Headlights and it answered my questions about software etc. Just to be sure, the only thing I have to do is have the DRLs disabled through VADIS prior to installation. If I am off the mark please let me know. You should see my order today.

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.