SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to bring to everyone's attention that ViVA Performance is currently hosting a group buy on the following items.

Group Buy Timeline
Start Date: 9/17/2015
End Date: 9/30/2015 11:59pm PST

What is on sale?

3.5" Performance Downpipe, S60/V60 T6 AWD, S80II T6, V70/XC70 III T6, XC60 T6

Performance Intercooler, Volvo S60/V60

Any and all information you need to know about about pricing, availability and how to order can be seen below. Thank you and have a great day!

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...d-Intercooler-Group-Buy&p=2589442#post2589442

·
Registered
848 Posts
Ordered!

Connor, can you confirm which O2 sensor spacer is correct/needed for XC60 Installation?

Also, can you confirm whether any new bolts/hardware are needed for install with stock exhaust? Do we need new gasket(s)?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ordered!

Connor, can you confirm which O2 sensor spacer is correct/needed for XC60 Installation?

Also, can you confirm whether any new bolts/hardware are needed for install with stock exhaust? Do we need new gasket(s)?
Thank you for you order!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just as an update to the XC60 Owners. We have confirmed that this will fit the XC60 T6.

The power steering cooler lines need to be moved ever so slighty, but the intercooler does fit! I will be updating out site today.

Cheers
Yep it fits well and it works very well on WOT :)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad to hear it! Thank you for testing fitment out.

Yep it fits well and it works very well on WOT :)

Seven more days left in this group buy. There is no better time to grab a Performance 3.5" Downpipe and Intercooler.

·
Registered
69 Posts
~$1200 is pretty steep for a down pipe. Maybe its because I've seen a bunch of decent downpipes for Scions and various GMs in the 350 to 500 USD range over the years, many used in aftermarket turbo applications...

·
Registered
848 Posts
it's all in the economies of scale, gents. How many Silverado 1500 guys are looking to make their truck more powerful vs how many Volvo XC60/S60/V60 owners are looking to do the same? As a percentage, maybe it's similar, but in absolute numbers, we're a mere fraction of the market that GM or scion represents...so our parts cost more per unit.

That being said...they'd cost slightly less if a few more sign up for the group buy... :)

·
Registered
498 Posts
In the end its a y pipe with a highflow cat. Yes its been tested and there are costs for this, but its alot of money for something simple. I would expect it to be closer to 500.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Scion is a very small market despite the perception. The reason for the high costs are well known, luxury cars tend to have owners with more money. Very few items have R&D costs that are so high that they demand these prices, most parts are priced to expected market values. The problem with this is that growth of the business will be stifled. There is a reason that Target is very successful, they sell lots of products at a fair price. So despite each item bringing a lower margin, the total sales make up for the smaller margins. For a smaller company the benefit is greater because your market expands as much as the production cost margin allows which results in a larger number of customers happy with your product (if it meets their expectations). When future products are released, the installed base is larger and as long as the customers were happy, there will be a larger pool of potential buyers. Companies that service other niche markets like Scion know that they must have a high cost benefit ratio or their product will fail at market. Luxury car aftermarket suppliers seems to go down the scarcity road...

·
Registered
69 Posts
For sure, I think they'll figure out what the market will bear soon enough. With regard to the earlier comment about Silverados, the market may be larger for these vehicles but you're getting two down pipes whereas Volvos (excepting the Yamaha V8 models) require only one. The market differences are unlikely to be so disproportionate that the Volvo down pipe costs 4 times as much as a quality pipe for an American V8 equipped vehicle... Unless this is made of titanium...

·
Registered
649 Posts
I agree that $1200 for a downpipe at group buy price is on the expensive side. Catted downpipes for my Subarus from a major high quality brand are $800 at most.

I'm highly interested in the product because this is essentially the first downpipe available for the newer T6 cars, but at this price point I'm tempted to sit back and wait until the Chinese clones show up on eBay and pick up a catless one for ~$150

·
Registered
69 Posts
Pengc99, I agree on both accounts. The only problem is who know when the Chinese will bring out a catless downpipe...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just an FYI for XC60 owners doing the Viva downpipes and intercooler. If you XC60 which has a city safe system, with the radar sensor in the front grill, you cannot install the intercooler, as it blocks the cooler from being installed. It can't be repositioned with out causing a lot of false alarms.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Glad that I opted not to get this system (really didn't want the lane keeping alerts or radar cruise).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts