SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.carplusvacation.com/

Just launched in collaboration with the Swedish Tourist Ministry and the West Sweden Travel Board.

I will let our two OSD resident experts expand more, if you have any questions (it will go live with our retailers on Monday 7/20).

In the meantime, feel free to post comments/questions here so they can be addressed as needed!

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Re: Visit Sweden with Volvo Overseas Delivery (GrecianVolvo)

So, Yannis how is that different from the regular OSD besides the chance of winning the free trip?

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Re: Visit Sweden with Volvo Overseas Delivery (gascos80)

It looks like Visit Sweden would like to see more people stay IN Sweden, instead of picking up their car and travelling all over Europe.

That's how we did it in '06 & '07, so I do have ideas based on what we didn't get a chance to do.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Re: Visit Sweden with Volvo Overseas Delivery (momscar)

Quote, originally posted by momscar »
It looks like Visit Sweden would like to see more people stay IN Sweden, instead of picking up their car and travelling all over Europe.

That's how we did it in '06 & '07, so I do have ideas based on what we didn't get a chance to do.

We have some ideas too, I entered for the chance to win...

·
Registered
1,953 Posts

Good luck on your entry.

Only bad (or not so bad) is that the trip has to be taken in 6 months (before march) and so for us that would be over Thanksgiving or Christmas holidays. And we just aren't that cold weather equipped.

But it would be very exciting, especially with a possible opportunity to see the northern lights.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Re: Visit Sweden with Volvo Overseas Delivery (momscar)

We can handle some snow, being from Russia. It could be a nice substitute for our usual Christmass ski trip to Mammoth. I heard that Are is perfect for a lazy recreational downhill skiing (exactly what we need at this stage of our lives).

·
Registered
1,953 Posts

We went to Are in '07. And in June there was still some snow. We just pulled over in a park area to let the kids play. It was also about 86 degrees that day. So now they can tell people that the first time they ever saw real snow, was in Sweden, in June, and in shorts.

I would think to travel there in winter, train would be the best way.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote, originally posted by gascos80 »
So, Yannis how is that different from the regular OSD besides the chance of winning the free trip?

More details on Monday. In the meantime, this is a new website that has been sponsored by the two agencies, above, plus VCNA plus a couple other sponsors.

Meanwhile, look on Monday for an improved VCNA OSD site!

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts
Re: Visit Sweden with Volvo Overseas Delivery (GrecianVolvo)

I think it is an incredible concept! I would love it if one of my OSD'ers won! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Re: Visit Sweden with Volvo Overseas Delivery (universityvolvoOSD)

Me, too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts