SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm a new member here about to place an order for XC90 with the following options:
- momentum plus
- 20" wheels
- amber interior
- black headliner
- ember black metallic paint

I'm still deciding whether to go for the full vision package $1800 or the BLIS option $1050 which supposedly includes everything the vision has less the 360deg. view.

what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
157 Posts
BLIS works really well. 360 VISION has a wow factor but if you are using the car as a commuter and don't have to worry about tight parking or parallel parking in a regular basis you can save a few pennies. The audio and visual distance sensors do a great job when you are driving in narrow confines.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I purchased my xc90 with BLIS package as its the only available option at the time when I ordered it.

so I really want to know if I can add the 360 cameras later as an accessory.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Very nice color combo! I find myself turning off the 360 deg feature from time to time. The rear camera alone gives you better view.
Not trying to confuse you, but I would go with the convenience package before any other add ons which I use every single day.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Hello,

I'm a new member here about to place an order for XC90 with the following options:
- momentum plus
- 20" wheels
- amber interior
- black headliner

I'm still deciding whether to go for the full vision package $1800 or the BLIS option $1050 which supposedly includes everything the vision has less the 360deg. view.

what are your thoughts?
There is no more "BLIS package". It is the Vision package.

BLIS package was a temporary solution available in June/July when Vision package became temporarily unavailable.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Not trying to confuse you, but I would go with the convenience package before any other add ons which I use every single day.
Which part of the convenience package do you like most and makes you recommend it over the vision package? I went back and forth on the convenience package, but the only things in it that could potentially be worth the cost were the adaptive cruise and the park assist. Wasn't totally sold I'd use those features much if I had the 360 camera/BLIS. BTW, I totally realize this is all subjective and contextual but just curious to hear others' perspectives.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Which part of the convenience package do you like most and makes you recommend it over the vision package? I went back and forth on the convenience package, but the only things in it that could potentially be worth the cost were the adaptive cruise and the park assist. Wasn't totally sold I'd use those features much if I had the 360 camera/BLIS. BTW, I totally realize this is all subjective and contextual but just curious to hear others' perspectives.
With convenience pkg you can have a big portion of your commute time back, doing something else, eating donuts, drinking coffee... :)

·
Registered
673 Posts
The 360 degree camera really comes in handy when you are trying to accurately position the vehicle between the lines in a parking spot.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I havent driven the XC90 beyond test drives, but having driven the XC60 and S80 with the adaptive cruise, let me tell you that adaptive cruise is a whole different level relative to regular cruise control. It's unfortunate they share a similar name, but functionality-wise, the adaptive cruise is so much more useful. You can set it in heavy traffic and it'll just maintain speed and distance for you - it's great if you drive highways a lot.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
The trifecta is Momentum plus, convenience, and vison packages in my opinion!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
One more opinion.

I would strongly recommend the convenience package. We did not care for the plus package on momentum - the thor's hammer lights look "cool" but I am not sure I was going to pay $1400 for them. We ended up getting the convenience, Vision and air suspension. We also added the interior lighting and the wood trim. I cannot imagine living without the adaptive cruise control.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I really like the blind spot system in the 2016 XC90 - as for the 360 degree camera display: it is pretty cool but I found at times the way it creates the image to be confusing ... so flipped just to the rear view.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
We did not care for the plus package on momentum - the thor's hammer lights look "cool" but I am not sure I was going to pay $1400 for them.
You didn't get the cool Thor's hammer lights lol This is what makes the XC90 sorry! Might also affect your resale down the road...

·
Registered
260 Posts
But that's probably because regular cruise is nowhere near as good as adaptive CC. :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
I opted for vision over convenience because we never use cruise control.
Exactly. Adaptive cruise is so much more useful than regular cruise. I don't use regular cruise control either, but adaptive is my favourite driving feature.

Wouldn't even consider buying a car without it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
You didn't get the cool Thor's hammer lights lol This is what makes the XC90 sorry! Might also affect your resale down the road...
I hear you. Volvo should have put those lights in as standard instead of an option. We plan on keeping the car for at least 10 years. So not as worried about the resale. We also hear that Volvos don't retain as much value as some other brands. Hopefully xc90 will change that.

I do respect other's opinions though

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
But that's probably because regular cruise is nowhere near as good as adaptive CC. :)
I have to agree. I don't remember last time I used the regular cruise control in our X5 but we do use it much more in our 2015 F150 which does have adaptive cruise control.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I hear you. Volvo should have put those lights in as standard instead of an option. We plan on keeping the car for at least 10 years. So not as worried about the resale. We also hear that Volvos don't retain as much value as some other brands. Hopefully xc90 will change that.

I do respect other's opinions though
I just don't want you to regret not taking that option! I really think you should reconsider before it's too late :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hello,

- momentum plus
- 20" wheels
- amber interior
- black headliner

what are your thoughts?
I also did the Vision package and not the convenience package. I do regret not adding the convenience but at the time of order and budgeting, the Vision was more important to me as I live in a dense area (NJ) so BLIS and the 360degree camera would have been useful for me. Also, the retractable headlights for my tight garage :)

Curious...does anyone know if Pilot Assist with ACC can be added as an accessory?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts