SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a recently purchase VIP Premium wheel protection plan. I went for service and got major push back when I wanted a wheel fixed asked where the plan purchased I had to actually produce paperwork then got the book of excuses so nothing was done. Went back for another issue and I was asked if I wanted the wheel fixed while the car was there I mentioned I had wheel protection had to re explain the whole thing only to have the service guy tell me that the damage wasn't covered seems he mention road rash when the damage was actually a pothole. I was my understanding that by purchasing Premium all cosmetic damage was covered. Not really getting why the service department doesn't want the work warranty work should be a revenue stream

Registered
That sucks. I bought it for my Hyundai Genesis and the curb rash was fixed in 30min. The fu sanded and blended the rim. He did it for me 3x. So worth it on lease cars 馃檪

U might want to call the warranty plan. They gave me a list of authorized repair centers. The guy was mobile and met me at the dealership.

Registered
I have a recently purchase VIP Premium wheel protection plan. I went for service and got major push back when I wanted a wheel fixed asked where the plan purchased I had to actually produce paperwork then got the book of excuses so nothing was done. Went back for another issue and I was asked if I wanted the wheel fixed while the car was there I mentioned I had wheel protection had to re explain the whole thing only to have the service guy tell me that the damage wasn't covered seems he mention road rash when the damage was actually a pothole. I was my understanding that by purchasing Premium all cosmetic damage was covered. Not really getting why the service department doesn't want the work warranty work should be a revenue stream
Think your dealer is giving you a once over and you might need to have a pow wow with service manager or general manager. This is total B.S.

Here are the plan details. Print this off and take with you to the dealer....https://www.steingold.com/volvo-tire-and-wheel-protection.htm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts