SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is everyone getting them?

I've tried a bunch of Canadian shops and retailers and everyone looks at me like I'm on something.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
eBay all day

"Embody god... Then go crazy"

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
Ebay, stick with either Avery Automotive Vinyl or 3M 1080. It'll hold up the best and be the easiest to work with.

All cars wrapped:

·
Registered
199 Posts
What is it exactly that you're trying to wrap?

Side note, I need that hood vent, MNIWT!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! I think ill give the eBay wraps a try.

I just want to experiment on some small interior panels. Now that I think of it though, I could probably wrap my plastic rocker mouldings as I had been planning to paint those.

Does the vinyl bond to plastic well?

MNIWT: You blue skirts and front lip are all plastic trim wrapped in vinyl are they not?

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
The V2.0 (R-design) kit on my car is in fact plastic, but it is sanded smooth and painted from the factory, so the vinyl adheres well.
Unfortunately, vinyl won't hold up on the stock textured trim of the S40s. I tried :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can try Niko Signs & GraFX in Waterloo; he does good work and is familiar with the Volvo brand. For DIY, VVivid Vinyl is decent and they ship out of Montreal so no duty fees.

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
ebay. you will hate life if you dont get the 3M....

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Yeah. My front lip needs to be repainted...and I would like to flare up over the rear wheels to the trunk line...I need to cover some quarterpanel damage

That black and yellow m66 s40

1 - 16 of 16 Posts