SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone on here do any vinyl to there cars? Like roof or so on?
Post pics if you have them.
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow that's crazy!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Holy crap, I love the lines on the orange/black car.

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
Somebody on here attempted a gloss black roof. Never quite turns out right as a DYI project though...

I've gone through multiple eyebrow styles. The current is the meanest:

I've used black dinoc on the grille:

And grey:

And I messed around with some wraptivo inside, but didn't like the look with my interior:

Joseph has done a stripe, the grille frame and slash, and the lower part of the IC opening on his red C30:

He also did his engine cover (which he has since removed):

And then there's Oleg's car... It used to be blue like Alcone's in the picture above!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I might try the roof.

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
In my opinion, and from my experience, unless you're an expert, just have a local wrap shop do the roof for you. It's a big surface, with an awkward antenna and sunroof, that will show any little bubbles. It's especially important to get it applied perfectly due to the extensive sun exposure it'll receive.
A shop won't charge you for extra vinyl if they mess up, but you'll be out $100+ for a mistake.

I've learned to keep my wrap jobs to the smaller projects.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
I don't think the roof would be that difficult. It's a relatively easy surface that won't create a lot of warping.
What is most critical however is to have at least two other people working with you. They can stretch the vinyl above the roof has you apply one corner.
Open the sun roof. Start by the front side corner and work in diagonal. Make sure you are well setup with the heat gun and it should be easy.
Just my 2ç :p

·
Registered
195 Posts
looking at getting my whole car wraped in red early next year.

·
Registered
195 Posts
ive only just started making enquires over the last few days . but i think around £500 ( GBP )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts