SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought this car from a Volvo dealer two months ago and have this weird noise coming from the bottom rear area. The car has a 1 year warranty so I'm gonna send it there next week. I told them before and they said they couldn't hear it but were gonna try replacing something from the fuel tank(???).

Before I send it again, do you have any idea of what could it be? I suspect something from the Haldex but so far the car runs fine and don't have any codes regarding the transmission on Vida. There's a slight vibration at high speed (>70mph) but I guess that has to do with the wheels/tyres not being balanced properly after being replaced a few weeks ago (Dunlop).

Here's a video of the noise:

The car details: 2011 Volvo S60 T6 AWD 117,000km Polestar engineered with all services done by the same Volvo dealer.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts
I fixed your YT link. Click 'Edit Post' to see how I fixed the link so you'll know how going forward.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 2015 V60 makes the same sound. Dealer couldn't figure it out. Let us know what you come up with.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Sounds like the noise when the EVAP leak detection pump is pressurizing (it goes up to 55 PSI and then releases)... I can hear mine activating and testing after I turn my car off, but it is nothing like the extent that you hear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts