SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
633 Posts
Re: Video review - not good! (robert_in_ca)

Quote, originally posted by robert_in_ca »
A lot people think right now the C70 doesn't have enough power for the weight of the car.Modified by robert_in_ca at 3:54 PM 4-4-2006
What, I mean it does have 218 horsepower afterall!

What was Volvo thinking?

· Registered
633 Posts
Re: Video review - not good! (BenES)

When my measuring stick says I only got 218 hp for $45K.....I'm pretty disappointed.
Hell, just about every car on the road over $20K has more than 218 hp nowadays.

Do the Big Boys sell anything in the $40K price range as low as this in horsepower? What a disappointment. All appearance.........

· Registered
633 Posts
Re: Video review - not good! (robert_in_ca)

Quote, originally posted by robert_in_ca »
Well I have to say here in LA, as many Volvo as there are, many people really do not look at them as being as good as German cars.
Yes, without a doubt...Volvo does not have the prestigious name of say BMW, Audi, Jaguar, Mercedes, Lexus...even Infiniti, Lincoln, Cadillac.

The first thing most people said when I mentioned that I was getting a Volvo was, "Oh, that ought to be a safe car." Just yesterday I was talking about my car and a guy overheard me and asked what car I have. I told him it was a Volvo S60R. He asked why I would buy a Volvo with a turbo. Granted this guy is older and does not know much about Volvo's. But, nor do a lot of people.

When I told people I was thinking about getting a Lexus or a Volvo...people look at me like I was

But then they see me driving this sonic blue thing and cannot believe it is a 'boring old, safe Volvo'.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.