SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
6,436 Posts
well that test is kind of silly because when you're in a side collision your steering is often severly affected, thus limiting your ability to recover etc.
What this shows is how you can perhaps safer recover from a pit manouver often used by the Police

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Awesome haha..the video is at the top of the page..

Why couldn't they've just used a regular P2 V70 with awd...why ruin an R....at least its a gobi 04 though...hopefully an auto...so who cares actually haha

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Why couldn't they've just used a regular P2 V70 with awd...why ruin an R....at least its a gobi 04 though...hopefully an auto...so who cares actually haha
My guess is that it was the first one with DSTC. Not sure when DSTC was introduced, but I would assume that since they were testing the new stability control system(s).

·
Registered
201 Posts

I was on my iPhone. That video didn't show up. Must be a different format..

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
according to the article, they used it as a method of testing the stability control in the event of a side impact, without having to destroy a bunch of cars.

Except they pretty much destroyed the V70R to get this thing in there. I'm not exactly sure how you could use this without cutting up a car so much that just smashing them together would be easier (and more accurate). Of course, then there's the drivers, but that's what steel cable, pulleys, and tow trucks are for.

And to add insult to injury, it is a manual V70R.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Group buy. I might buy a V70R if I could get one of these lol. Would use it on that dude with the train horn.

·
Registered
201 Posts
showed up fine on my android phone.....:D
Maybe I should get an android? But then after 6 months my battery will die in 12 hours and the phone will crash a few times each day.. Hmm the options.. haha I hate macs but they have the iPhone "close" to perfect in my opinion and many many others.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Maybe I should get an android? But then after 6 months my battery will die in 12 hours and the phone will crash a few times each day.. Hmm the options.. haha I hate macs but they have the iPhone "close" to perfect in my opinion and many many others.
Lol what? Battery dead after 6mos? You're doing it wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
11,936 Posts
My guess is that it was the first one with DSTC. Not sure when DSTC was introduced, but I would assume that since they were testing the new stability control system(s).
DSTC was available as an option on all P2 cars from the start - it's on a 2001 V70 T5 my parents own (OSD!)

The reason to do it on an R would be to test the interaction between DSTC and 4C.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Yeah, I remember seeing this posted ~2 years ago on the forum. Kind of a goofy test. :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts