SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Zero idea what happened but about a week ago VIDA stopped working. I cannot get VIDA Monitor to go to Green, just stays Yellow with everything except “Exit” grayed out. Looks on the surface as though the database connection cannot be made, perhaps a port 80 issue, perhaps not.

First things first- this is a Windows 7 (Ultimate) machine, have been running VIDA (2013D) for around 4 years. No DICE connected, this installation is for part and job reference. VIDA expiration modified to 12/31/9999, done last December.

Did an upgrade once to Windows 11, had problems with VIDA and reverted back to 7, but that was more than a year ago. PC does not have Skype installed. IE 11 since last year as well. No Windows patch or update that correlates with when it stopped working, will dig deeper but nothing that I can easily see caused it to stop working.

Had a look with netstat -abn (admin) to see if any obvious process had taken control of port 80, nothing comes up (no IP 0.0.0.0 or otherwise- followed by port 80 whatsoever).

I have uninstalled and re-installed VIDA, no change. Figure at some point I'll sort this out but thought to ask around since the easy stuff did not resolve.

Again, Windows 7 OS, IE 11, no Skype, VIDA 2013D working fine for a number of years and recently stopped working, VIDA monitor will not go to Green.

Anyone have an idea as to why?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Zero idea what happened but about a week ago VIDA stopped working. I cannot get VIDA Monitor to go to Green, just stays Yellow with everything except “Exit” grayed out. Looks on the surface as though the database connection cannot be made, perhaps a port 80 issue, perhaps not.

First things first- this is a Windows 7 (Ultimate) machine, have been running VIDA (2013D) for around 4 years. No DICE connected, this installation is for part and job reference. VIDA expiration modified to 12/31/9999, done last December.

Did an upgrade once to Windows 11, had problems with VIDA and reverted back to 7, but that was more than a year ago. PC does not have Skype installed. IE 11 since last year as well. No Windows patch or update that correlates with when it stopped working, will dig deeper but nothing that I can easily see caused it to stop working.

Had a look with netstat -abn (admin) to see if any obvious process had taken control of port 80, nothing comes up (no IP 0.0.0.0 or otherwise- followed by port 80 whatsoever).

I have uninstalled and re-installed VIDA, no change. Figure at some point I'll sort this out but thought to ask around since the easy stuff did not resolve.

Again, Windows 7 OS, IE 11, no Skype, VIDA 2013D working fine for a number of years and recently stopped working, VIDA monitor will not go to Green.

Anyone have an idea as to why?
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I'm having this exact same issue on Windows 10 with VIDA 2014D. Skype is not the issue, and I don't see anything else using Port 80. It was working just fine until recently. Nothing changed except for regular windows updates.

Were you able to get this working?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts