SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got my VIDA/DiCE setup installed (VM Ware from Digital Life) and now I need to learn how to use this thing. I have spent several hours searching SS and the interwebs without locating very much information on how to use VIDA.

One specific question I have is what should I select for "Partner Group" on the first page? It comes up with "INT, Arabia and China" and I know that isn't right, but should I change it to "AME" or "NOR"?

Does anyone have a link to a tutorial on how to use VIDA? I got lost really quickly when I poked around a while ago.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Based off of your name in guessing your in the US lol. So use AME. As for poking around just start exploring. There's a whole lot packed in there.

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yeah I shot that video pretty much the first week I got the Vida interface about 3.5 years ago. There's a ton more to it than what I went into that night.

For example you can look up part numbers and repair procedures using the Information tab to just about any repair on the car. In addition you can look up network info and faultracing info for just about any CEL by using Information-Fault tracing-Diagnostic Trouble Codes and Associated Procedures then for an example go to 3 Electrical System-37 Cables and fuses 372 electrical distribution box, fuse box for detailed faultfinding procedures for all those pesky CEM AEM, REM @ UEM codes.

It's a huge install so I see why it takes up so much hard drive space

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Based off of your name in guessing your in the US lol. So use AME.
Thanks. I didn't know if AME meant America or Africa/Mediterranean/Europe or if NOR meant North America or something else. Where I work we are required to define acronyms to avoid confusion but apparently not all companies do that.

- you may need do some googling.
Yeah, I did a couple hours of that and it didn't result in very much enhancement of my VIDA skills. I'll watch the video and hopefully that will help further my education.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks for the link. I can get to the web site but there is a pop-up box saying "LMS Middleware appears not to be installed. There will be no status and bookmarking capability." None of the tabs work so I can't view the content.

edit: I discovered I had to run it from IE (I was using FireFox) and install an activex module. It seems to run now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts