SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I thought that I would go ahead and install the remote start software into my car and save some money. I already have a DiCE so I just needed a legit VIDA subscription. I did the $60 3 day subscription and got everything set up to do the software download/install. Once I went into to actually do it, though, it turns out the software alone costs $300+. I had assumed the software downloads themself only costed around $60. I was planning to install it because I thought it was going to cost me around $120 - $150 total. Instead it would have been $400 just to do it myself, which is what it costs at a dealership lol.

So there is $60 down the drain. Just thought I'd post this here since I was under the assumption that it would be a lot cheaper to go ahead and install the software myself but it costs the exact same as the dealer once you pay for the subscription.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I enabled remote start for $200 and no subscription to vida.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
775 Posts
Vdash my friend.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I was looking into VDash some but couldn't figure out how to actually get it. The website is not the most user friendly lol
It's very easy. Send them an email and ask for the software. Once you have it, have the software "crack" your CEM pin and viola, enable anything your heart desires for little money.

I recommend searching VDASH remote start S60 on thee old goog. This has been done hundreds of times on s/v60s.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's very easy. Send them an email and ask for the software. Once you have it, have the software "crack" your CEM pin and viola, enable anything your heart desires for little money.

I recommend searching VDASH remote start S60 on thee old goog. This has been done hundreds of times on s/v60s.

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll look into the S60 forum.

·
Registered
51 Posts

Will this work on 2017 XC60?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Will this work on 2017 XC60?
I am not sure. I would assume yes as this was prior to the spa XC60 changeover.

·
Registered
58 Posts
So I thought that I would go ahead and install the remote start software into my car and save some money. I already have a DiCE so I just needed a legit VIDA subscription. I did the $60 3 day subscription and got everything set up to do the software download/install. Once I went into to actually do it, though, it turns out the software alone costs $300+. I had assumed the software downloads themself only costed around $60. I was planning to install it because I thought it was going to cost me around $120 - $150 total. Instead it would have been $400 just to do it myself, which is what it costs at a dealership lol.

So there is $60 down the drain. Just thought I'd post this here since I was under the assumption that it would be a lot cheaper to go ahead and install the software myself but it costs the exact same as the dealer once you pay for the subscription.
Glad I ran into this thread, I was thinking of trying this with VIDA because it does say on their website that software downloads would be $40-$60. I emailed the VDASH people to see what that looks like and if I can get it connected to the car with my DiCE module.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't think the factory remote starter is worth it. It shuts off as soon as the door is opened and you have to restart engine again. what a hassle in winter when one expecting the engine to keep running.

I paid $500 for a installer to install a 2 ways Compustart remote starter on my 2012 XC60. The engine will keep running if I dis-arm alarm before entering the car. If somehow during remote start session, someone entered the car without dis-arming the alarm, and press the brake pedal, the engine will shut off right away. And If the car was remote started while the car was not locked/armed, the engine will shut off as soon as the door is opened. and it won't remote start if doors are opened. This design is much smarter then all the push-start car manufacturers out there who blanketly shut off car engine as soon as the door is opened while remote started.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts