SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone help me with vida? i do a sum calibration and the first test passes, second one gives me left rear sensor voltage too high. also none of the tests in the lower box show results, just says it calibrated. i read something about where you can check the voltage of each and see whats going on. anywhen lead me in the direction of that option so i ca figure this out. also not sure if its related but i manually lower my headlights all the way down. sum calibrate, manual adjust all the way up and they are still to low. i figured its because of the fault in the sum calibration.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
One of my sensors always reads too high too. Not sure why.

For the SUM calibration and headlight adjustment, you need to have the headlights adjusted somewhere in the middle of their range with the manual adjuster, then SUM cal, then manually adjust to where you want them. If you manually put them on the lowest or highest setting, you run out of adjustment window when the SUM calibrates them.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
perfect thanks ill try setting them in the middle.
i have 2 spare sensors i can try but id like to see what voltage they are getting but dont know where in vida to check that

·
Registered
220 Posts
If it refuses to calibrate due to too low of voltage from a height sensor then just put a jack under the rear suspension on the side that is reading low. Jack it up until you get >1.5v out of that sensor, then hit calibrate.

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
that's masking the problem though.

·
Registered
332 Posts
FWIW, there are numerous SUM calibration threads...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have checked the posts and all I find is people checking the voltage but I can't find info on how to checkbthe voltage in Vida

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK so I figured out how to check voltage and left rear is getting 4.5v on level ground stock ride height.

·
Registered
290 Posts
If you dont have lowering springs and are at stock height the voltages should read 2.5v. One sensor reads above and the other side reads below. If you are reading 4.5 on one that means you are 2v out of spec for the stock reading. It sounds like the sensor could be going bad?

My car is lowered quite a bit so I modified the rear position sensors to trick the car into thinking it was at stock height so I can successfully sum cal and improve the ride quality greatly.

Also on a side note, make sure your headlights are turned ON during a sum cal. Otherwise they will default low and out of wack.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks, yes i had them on but i know they were manualy adjusted before i got the car. i have 2 spare sensors and i soon as i can find a placve warm to get my car on a lift ill check if its a bad sensor or wiring issue

1 - 10 of 10 Posts