SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With the recent questions about DRL's and lighting modes I thought it best to post some screen shots of the settings available with VIDA/DiCE.

There are three lighting modes and three options for DRL's present for 2005-2007 R's. 2004's do not have this functionality and will need a software download from the dealer to get these options. See bottom of this post for P/N :)

The three lighting modes are FLEX ZERO, FLEX STD, and FLEW LOW.
The three options for DRL's are ALWAYS ON, ACTIVATED BY SENSOR, and OFF.

To get to these settings select the Diagnostics Tab;
Vehicle Communication sub tab;
CEM module;
Advanced tab;
Expand CEM;
Double click "programing control module";

After double clicking the "program control module" this next screen will appear:

Select number 2 and then this screen will appear:

Due to the screen shots needing to be scrolled I had to stitch the photos together.
To activate the programing double click on the VCT icon and make your choices.

Some the wording is a little confusing so the way to have no DRL's and the light switch to operate normally (ie OFF means off and ON means on) select DRL OFF and FLEX STD.

That should do it.

**EDIT** - adding info about 2004 DRL's and other lighting goodness:

-- 2004 software P/N for turning off DRL = 30765419 EU LIGHT, NO DRL

It appears there's a new part number see below:
Just an FYI. :) So to cap it up: my experience for 2004 SR on 19Jan2012 with updated Volvo VIDA/DICE part number 30765423 worked to turn off all lights during night activities and turns off rear taillight lights during daytime activities.

Keoni.
Just got back from a pretty productive day at the dealership. Royal Motor Sales Volvo (on Howard St. in SF) was able to successfully download and install both FOG LIGHT APPLICATION (9438237) and EU LIGHT, NO DRL (30765419) on my 2004 S60R. I verified that everything works as expected (fogs + lows + high's; no DRL out message any more) before I left. The cost was $25.87 (fog) and $29.33 (drl) which was way cheaper than I thought. But of course, they get you somewhere.... Minimum 1 hour "software labor" rate that can't be folded into their normal labor charge. Their normal labor rate is $180 / hr, software is "discounted" to $126 / hr.
-- Euro spec software for allowing fog lights to say on with high beams:
P/N for S60R = 8619398 or for later year models the part number is 9438237
P/N for V70R = 9499585-9

-- RKelly's awesome lighting thread:
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?167104-VIDA-Here-s-how-to-adjust-DRL-Lighting-Modes

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want to stick my dick in this thread.
Uhhh go right ahead, I'm sure a certain special :screwy: someone would enjoy it.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Damn the 04's... Hmm.

Nice post! Sticky for sure or at least incorporate it somewhere.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I want to stick my dick in this thread.
you might regret that after you get the flex STD option, oh and 'We're the party brigade, and we're here to play some drinking games'. I owned a 'Das boot', 104 ounces, and no chance a single man could get through it in one chug. We needed 3-5 legit drinkers passing it around until they couldn't drink anymore to finish it. The worst part was when you would drink on the thing for 20 seconds until your eyes watered, tipped the boot back to hand it off, and the beer level has only dropped like 3 inches haha. DASS BOOOTTTT!!!!!

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
We used to chug pitchers (64ozs) and that was a lot. I got through two one time, about 5-10 minutes between them. Held it down for 5-10 minutes as well. Lol. The das boot is literally impossible.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Cheers Pirate. I've been putzing around with VIDA so I'll check out those functions this weekend.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Awesome post, though I still need to get VIDA. Question--did you find these by messing around with it, or is there some guide or index to the VIDA functions?

Which lighting mode is the default (i.e. 'off' means 'auto on')? FLEW LOW or FLEX ZERO? Do you know what the characteristics of the 3rd mode are?

Which DRL mode is the default (I presume ACTIVATED BY SENSOR, but does ALWAYS ON mean they'd be on along with the headlights?) Do you know what the characteristics of the third mode are?

Are the DRL & lighting modes interdependent, or independant?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Please, Post this over in the OBD, CANBUS & Engine Management forum too.
Alot of people will miss this good information if only left here.
Thanks for the info.

Dadio61

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd like to have my Citi Lites work as DRL (always on)

and auto sensor Zenon low lights on.

Currently with Euro headlamps I have the "off/parking/on" switch working normally with no auto function, and use the low Zenon as DRL.

going to see if the folks at Keystone can sort this out .... anyone know how this works in Europe?
I have E-Codes as well and have them set like you with no DRLs unless I turn on my low beams myself

There is no way to have the "city light" act as a DRL because they are tied to your parking lights. Well, unless you rewire them, its not possible.

·
Premium Member
8,711 Posts
nice post Joe.

I wonder how this works when you have Euro lights????

I'd like to have my Citi Lites work as DRL (always on)

and auto sensor Zenon low lights on.

Currently with Euro headlamps I have the "off/parking/on" switch working normally with no auto function, and use the low Zenon as DRL.

going to see if the folks at Keystone can sort this out .... anyone know how this works in Europe?
So you want what I have(or intend to do) Petew, yet you blasted me out on the other thread. Nice job.

And for the record:

Xenon, not "Zenon".

City Lights, not "Citi Lites".

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Question--did you find these by messing around with it, or is there some guide or index to the VIDA functions?

No manual, just need to screw around with it.

Which lighting mode is the default (i.e. 'off' means 'auto on')? FLEW LOW or FLEX ZERO? Do you know what the characteristics of the 3rd mode are?
Which DRL mode is the default (I presume ACTIVATED BY SENSOR, but does ALWAYS ON mean they'd be on along with the headlights?) Do you know what the characteristics of the third mode are?

FLEX ZERO and DRL ON are the default

Are the DRL & lighting modes interdependent, or independant?

Yes they can be changed independently
Answers in Bold.

·
Premium Member
8,711 Posts
There is no way to have the "city light" act as a DRL because they are tied to your parking lights. Well, unless you rewire them, its not possible.
Correct. There is a power feed that powers DRL or an "always on" power feed in the headlight harness where you can tap to your side marker or City lights(EuroSpec only), all you need is a 2 wire taps from one harness to the other. I could tell you the wire colour, but Volvo changed it between 2004 and 2005 years.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Updated OP to show info regarding '04 DRL part numbers and other lighting goodness :)

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Updated OP to show info regarding '04 DRL part numbers and other lighting goodness :)
Just got back from Dealer today... there must have been changes since you last worked on this for the 2004. Part # 30765420 could not be 'bought' (Dealer has to hit purchase to put it on cue for the software push to the car)... he showed it right in front of me saying error loading, error downloading, purchase not successful. He did however find Part # 30765423 and that worked! Well, sort of; In the garage we thought it worked, lights off, parking lights off, nothing lit in the rear of car and switch position was on O but when we went outside, the DRL poppped on but still no parking lights and no lights on the rear taillight were on.

Brought the car back in, messed around with some settings, changed the sets to FLEXSTD and with DRL off, still DRL comes on during daytime but not other light bulb at all - and when in garage all lights are off when sensor gets dark.

So I brought out your screen captures 850arrrsaylikepirate and they dont match his, another guy walked up complimenting on my car and wondered what we were doing and we gave him the backdrop. He also looked at your screen captures and said either you have an older version or a different variant (Euro or whatever as he mentioned that there are other variants).

Just an FYI. :) So to cap it up: my experience for 2004 SR on 19Jan2012 with updated Volvo VIDA/DICE part number 30765423 worked to turn off all lights during night activities and turns off rear taillight lights during daytime activities.

Keoni.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Brought the car back in, messed around with some settings, changed the sets to FLEXSTD and with DRL off, still DRL comes on during daytime but not other light bulb at all - and when in garage all lights are off when sensor gets dark.
nothing a piece of tape over the light sensor won't fix

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So I brought out your screen captures 850arrrsaylikepirate and they dont match his, another guy walked up complimenting on my car and wondered what we were doing and we gave him the backdrop. He also looked at your screen captures and said either you have an older version or a different variant (Euro or whatever as he mentioned that there are other variants).
I have the older 2010D version which is what they are probably talking about. The latest version should be very similar to what I have as the different variants are not night and day different.

I added your comment to the OP about the different part number, thanks :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.