SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
I might have 64bit windows in my VM... Thank you for the link, I will add it to the initial post.
Let us know if everything goes well!
Just tried with my own VIN. Unfortunately no go which isn't too surprising as I've never seen any twincharged 2L data in this version of VIDA.

Thank you for pushing the boundaries for aftermarket VIDA. I'll keep using the legit version of VIDA for now.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Just tried with my own VIN. Unfortunately no go which isn't too surprising as I've never seen any twincharged 2L data in this version of VIDA.

Thank you for pushing the boundaries for aftermarket VIDA. I'll keep using the legit version of VIDA for now.
Would you send me your VIN through a PM? I have 2016 S60 and I helped a guy with 2017 S60 as well.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Can't get SSMS 16 to install, or even do anything !!, on my VM with Win 7 Pro 32bit - any suggestions - I get the win security "make changes" message, and then it just seems to go off into nowhere. Help ?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Can't get SSMS 16 to install, or even do anything !!, on my VM with Win 7 Pro 32bit - any suggestions - I get the win security "make changes" message, and then it just seems to go off into nowhere. Help ?
Where are you running the SSMS install from? Did you copy the file into the VM first?

·
Registered
101 Posts
You can move SSMS install pack to VM through a "shared folder". Create shared folder in VM settings + select "auto mount". Put SSMS in shared folder. Open VM system and move SSMS from shared folder to C: disc on VM. Then click the SSMS install.

·
Registered
45 Posts
again thanks, but all that's done ok - I'm pretty good with PC's, and this sort of stuff used to be my bread and butter - I've also ran it in compatability mode, as administrator, etc etc - but it just dissapears off into nowhere - My VM install of Win7 Pro and Vida has got SQL server 2008 installed, which I'm assuming is part of the VIDA system, but does that sound right to everyone ?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
again thanks, but all that's done ok - I'm pretty good with PC's, and this sort of stuff used to be my bread and butter - I've also ran it in compatability mode, as administrator, etc etc - but it just dissapears off into nowhere - My VM install of Win7 Pro and Vida has got SQL server 2008 installed, which I'm assuming is part of the VIDA system, but does that sound right to everyone ?
I think I have a similar setup as you. Install the manages to the host machine (not in VM) and then connect it to the VM through the windows user in VM.
I had to do it like that as well.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
for @ATATA:
You have disabled PM so I'm answering here.

Did you try to use the new script? It should allow you to run VIDA for P3 2015+ cars.
Also, I think you made a mistake in your VIN since when I try some online webpage VIN decoder, your VIN shows as 1987..

·
Registered
1 Posts
for @ATATA:
You have disabled PM so I'm answering here.

Did you try to use the new script? It should allow you to run VIDA for P3 2015+ cars.
Also, I think you made a mistake in your VIN since when I try some online webpage VIN decoder, your VIN shows as 1987..
Have been on moderation.

So yes, tryed script, it works for others 2016MY, but it is dose not affected for me, car is MY2017.
VIN is YV1DZ40CCH2chassi with B4204T11, TG-81SC AWD. PartneGroup EUR.

Tryed to make changes in rows with cars 2015, but still not decoded =\
in rows with H and VinCompare DZ make Chaasis from 1

My target is TCM to check transmission oil temeprature.

UPD:

HAH! MY2017 XC60 works. My fault is partner group.. 1003 it is INT... so it works!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ive just performed this mod, this is what I have.
VIN:YV1FW79C0G1312297
Seems to find this but does not complete the engine data or drive RHS.
When I connect DICE to vehicle and the engine is running (verified connection with VDASH) and go to diagnostics and details it does not recover any details, its reading but then does not fill in any of the fields.
The status below 'print' says 'connected' battery symbol gives 0.0v and ket pos is 0

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
When I connect DICE to vehicle and the engine is running (verified connection with VDASH) and go to diagnostics and details it does not recover any details, its reading but then does not fill in any of the fields.
The status below 'print' says 'connected' battery symbol gives 0.0v and ket pos is 0
That's 2016 V60 and it should be working. I'm visiting my parents for three more weeks and will be able to look at it after.

The only issues I heard about was from a guy with a brand new engine that was not available before 2015 and it wasn't in VIDA.

Did you try changing all partner groups? The VIN is going to be recognized usually under only one partner group.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I see. Did you try the NOR group? It looks like it displays LHD but it's maybe worth a try. This workaround doesn't work for all P3 and you might be just unlucky.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am just curious - how come VIDA works with older models just by forcing it to recognize newer VINs? Were the databases for newer cars always there (on 2014D VIDA copies we have) or it just "borrows" databases from older (pre-2015) cars which have identical modules?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Zjev I have a volvo V40 model year 2018.
I followed your procedure but VIN it is still not recognized.
What else can I do
Can you help me?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I am just curious - how come VIDA works with older models just by forcing it to recognize newer VINs? Were the databases for newer cars always there (on 2014D VIDA copies we have) or it just "borrows" databases from older (pre-2015) cars which have identical modules?
By running the code you're telling vida to essentially ignore the year character in your VIN and treat it as a 2014 car.
This could lead to disastrous effect but it looks like system engineers didn't want to make a change in the communication protocols on the same platform. Changes like this rarely happen though.
But there are some engine models and car models (V60 CC and other) that you still cannot read with this modification.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Hello Zjev I have a volvo V40 model year 2018.
I followed your procedure but VIN it is still not recognized.
What else can I do
Can you help me?
Send me your VIN and I can check it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did the sql trick and now i can find my 2016 v60 with the newer one twin turbo diesel. But it won't fill out the engine data, even though you can find the engine under the v40. Any way i can fix it?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
This would most likely require an extra modification(s) in the database.
I tried with a few folks to add unsupported engines last year but I was never able to spent enough time to figure out out.

You should still be able to use VIDA for diagnostic, just some of the troubleshooting guides might be off for your engine.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts