SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Does this give you full access to p3 vida on let’s say a 2016 s60? It’s Sunday and I’m a little confused

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Does this give you full access to p3 vida on let’s say a 2016 s60? It’s Sunday and I’m a little confused

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup. I had people from this forum using VIDA on their 2018 S60. If it is P3 it should work!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is it possible to modify VIDA 2015A so that it reads the P3 platform 2016/2017/2018 without giving a specific vin.
that it would read from the machine

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Is it possible to modify VIDA 2015A so that it reads the P3 platform 2016/2017/2018 without giving a specific vin.
that it would read from the machine
The tutorial I wrote above explains how to do it - buy you need to know the VIN. It would theoretically be possible to do all the changes and upload VIDA somewhere but I'm not going to spend the time doing it. I would rather help other members to figure out how and what they have to change.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Paikas:

This is the modification you have to make:

And then restart vida:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Nightwishmaster (I cannot send you a PM):
This is what

And then restart vida. You will have to select your engine and transmission - this might mean that there might be more issues with making it work. Let me know if it works.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
You're a LEGEND thanks. I changed only one row's year code to G, did not realize that i needed to change all 3.
No problem, sorry for the delay..
It might have been enough to change one row but you would have to see which one corresponds to Europe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
modyfication VIDA 2014D

Hi, can I count on the modification of the Vida 2014D base for XC60 from the USA. My VIN: YV440MDK7G2798531
Thank you in advance and best regards.
jurkuc ([email protected])

·
Registered
2 Posts
For a few month ago i asked Mr Zjev if it would work on my car. And he said yes! It is an Volvo XC70 2016 Classic. Manifactured in july 2015 and Volvo vida goes only to volvo's how is made before mars 2015. It did't worked before but now it does 👍😁Big Thank you! Mr Zjev

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Just published version 2.0. This update makes editing VIDA's database so much easier and will add support for all 2016 and 2017 cars.

Cheers everyone!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Just published version 2.0. This update makes editing VIDA's database so much easier and will add support for all 2016 and 2017 cars.

Cheers everyone!
Hey,

Thanks for doing this. I have this VIDA VM from a couple years ago.
Just adding that my VM at the time was running on a 32bit of Windows which can only install older version of SSMS (SSMS 16 and below)

I got the edit done on my VM and VIDA still works. So next step will be to test it once I get a hold of DICE.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Hey,

Thanks for doing this. I have this VIDA VM from a couple years ago.
Just adding that my VM at the time was running on a 32bit of Windows which can only install older version of SSMS (SSMS 16 and below)

I got the edit done on my VM and VIDA still works. So next step will be to test it once I get a hold of DICE.
I might have 64bit windows in my VM... Thank you for the link, I will add it to the initial post.
Let us know if everything goes well!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Great! I modified my Virtualbox machine linked here, and now my VIDA2014d accepts 2015 and 2016 vins! Virtual machine runs Win7, so I downloaded earlier SSMS version 16.5.3, and it worked.

I tested several 2015 and 2016 cars from various ads, all got accepted! Only 2017 and 2018 vin were not recognized, except one /maybe produced at the end of 2016/. I tested P3 platform cars.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts