SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the wife a very well configured Inscription back in September. After tracking the vehicle every step of the way (came across on "Glorious Leader"), finally got the email yesterday that the vehicle had arrived at the dealership and would be prepped and ready for pickup by the end of the day. Showed up only to find out that the car wasn't ready due to a glitch in the Volvo computer system that was being utilized to perform a final software upgrade. We signed all the paperwork and were told we could accept delivery today. Just received the following notice from the dealer:

Just received a notice on our dealer computer system that the VIDA system is still experiencing technical issues for downloading the information to
the XC90's to complete the PDI. Unless they get it fixed in the next half hour, we are most likely looking at tomorrow. I will keep you informed. Please go on the Volvo website and pick out an accessory that you might like, roof rails, dog guards, etc. and let me know. Volvo would like to provide you with any accessory for $750 or less for your inconvenience.​

Is anyone else trying to accept delivery having issues like this? We spoke several times today and the dealer insisted that his tech had been on the phone with New Jersey for several hours trying to sort out the problem but with no luck. Is this really a nationwide issue or am I dealing with a less than competent tech? Any guidance or assurances would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Heard from the dealer again today. They've been working on it for the past 3 hours with no success. Looks like we may never get this vehicle. :(

·
Registered
79 Posts
I feel your pain. I'd like to say your patience will be rewarded but I wouldn't hold my breath. On the upside it looks like Volvo has "fixed" it's software issues according to another thread effective 11/4. Sounds like the November update is finally here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another day gone by, and still no luck. At least the dealer admitted that this problem is specific to their dealership. I guess it's time to start looking for a vehicle somewhere else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts