SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered VIDA/DICE and have a windows 7 Professional operating system. I also have a copy of windows XP Proffesional. I looked at VMWARE Playwer and MS XP Emulator. Which emulation software would be the prefeered method of running XP to work with VIDA? If i use VMWARE player when i open the player to run XP will the desktop ICONS appear within the player. What is the sequence for installing VIDA to use with a XP emulator. Do i start the VMWARE player and XP then install the VIDA software or do i install VIDA under windows 7 and start the VMWARE player to run VIDA. Any help or recomedations are welcome.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Similar to yourself - after several attempts, we installed the Virtual XP and then installed the VIDA onto the Virtual XP. Note that you will need to expand the memory on the virtual machine or you won't have enough RAM. Also need to turn off any anti-virus. To be safe I also backdated the computer.
After finally installing it, the DICE reads the Profile and then gives an error messgage so I'm still trying to figure that part out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i used vmware as microsoft virtual pc didnt have usb function. vmware works a treat. you must install vida within xp in the virtual machine.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
i used vmware as microsoft virtual pc didnt have usb function. vmware works a treat. you must install vida within xp in the virtual machine.

Worked fine for me in virtual pc.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I just installed VIDA 2011A on Windows 7 without any issue.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I know this thread is old, but wondering if there's any members in southwestern PA who has experience installing VIDA. I'm getting fed up with needing to be an IT person in order to get this thing to work.

Anybody out there in PA who would be willing to help?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts