SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can VIDA be used to change readings/values between metric and english, F&C?? Specifically odometer, and outside temp.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yes it can, I haven't used it in a while so I don't know exactly how though off the top of my head.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Depends on the model and year.
I can change the temps on mine but not the odometer (04 S60)

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The caR in question is an '07. I want to convert the odometer and temp from metric to english. VIDA can do this??

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
The caR in question is an '07. I want to convert the odometer and temp from metric to english. VIDA can do this??
In Diagnotics>DIM>Advanced>programming the DIM module

with Vida you can:
change the temp from Celsius to Fahrenheit
change the trip computer from Kilometres to Miles
change the clock format from 24 to 12 hrs
test the needles and lamps
program the seatbelt reminder
reset the SRI and change the SRI interval
activate and deactivate the parking brake warning

in order to convert your odometer, you'd have to visit a dealer

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But can I do all that if I send my original Canadian DIM and have it reprogrammed to a US DIM.

In Diagnotics>DIM>Advanced>programming the DIM module

with Vida you can:
change the temp from Celsius to Fahrenheit
change the trip computer from Kilometres to Miles
change the clock format from 24 to 12 hrs
test the needles and lamps
program the seatbelt reminder
reset the SRI and change the SRI interval
activate and deactivate the parking brake warning

in order to convert your odometer, you'd have to visit a dealer

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
But can I do all that if I send my original Canadian DIM and have it reprogrammed to a US DIM.
yup, those functions are always changeable in Vida regardless of the odometer unit programming.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I've also got a VIDA/DICE question: Where is the best place to buy this? I've looked at ebay and found several, some at $95 and others at $150. Is there a going to be a quality difference between the two? The reason I ask is because I just replaced my side mirrors with power folding mirrors and I've got to install the software. I went to the dealership and he said that they will charge me about $100 for labor and also another $125 for the software. He was not flexible on any kind of discount. So I figure it would be best for me to simply pay for the VIDA software rather than pay the stealership.

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
All the ebay versions are gray market/pirate/cracked copies. You can't do software installs with the pirate copies of VIDA, you can use the pirate DICE unit but you have to pay for an official VIDA subscription, I think the smallest is 3 days for $175.

ebay VIDA is still incredibly useful, but to do what you're wanting to do the pirate copy won't get you there.

Someone else correct me if I'm wrong but that's my understanding.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
All the ebay versions are gray market/pirate/cracked copies. You can't do software installs with the pirate copies of VIDA, you can use the pirate DICE unit but you have to pay for an official VIDA subscription, I think the smallest is 3 days for $175.

ebay VIDA is still incredibly useful, but to do what you're wanting to do the pirate copy won't get you there.

Someone else correct me if I'm wrong but that's my understanding.
3 day costs half that now. you have to use VIDA 2015 though.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Trip odo, temp etc can be changed. Maun odo reading will require subscription. I'm not even sure of that because it may be a hardwre encoded to match km to the km reading on the Speedo. Don't know.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Used Vida 2015 3 Day Subscription last week and was $72, ECM Software Upgrade was $24. Wanted to get a few upgrades while my shop had the license but we got a snowstorm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts