SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering purchasing VIDA/DICE and see there a plenty of listings on EBAY. Is there a prefered version? Preferred seller? Does it work with Windows 7? Does it come with a USB cable for the laptop if you do not have bluetooth?

·
Registered
2,165 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the link. I have one more question, is there a pass code needed for the software?

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Thanks for the link. I have one more question, is there a pass code needed for the software?
It comes unlocked from xcar360.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I'll sell you mine. Never used Dice and 3 versions of VIDA. $150 shipped anywhere in the US.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
If you are local to me you are welcome to borrow mine - I'm not really sure why I bought it!

·
Registered
276 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am considering purchasing VIDA/DICE and see there a plenty of listings on EBAY. Is there a prefered version? Preferred seller? Does it work with Windows 7? Does it come with a USB cable for the laptop if you do not have bluetooth?
Sorry for the newbie question but...what does the VIDA/DICE actually do? What's the benefit? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Sorry for the newbie question but...what does the VIDA/DICE actually do? What's the benefit? Thanks.
VIDA is the software that has all of the repair procedures, diagrams, and part numbers for our cars. VERY comprehensive and covers many years/models.

DiCE is the hardware interface that communicates with the caR directly. With it you can read all error codes and make some adjustments (how the DRLs work, heated seat temp, SUM calibration, maybe a few other tweaks). With the "cracked" versions coming from China you cannot install or download software updates for the car.

With genuine versions, you can download (for a fee) software updated from Volvo and install them. Not really necessary though, as Volvo now updates software for free whenever you bring the car into the dealer for a scheduled service.

For a guy like myself, who only does minor tinkering, not major repairs, it's a neat toy that allows for a few tweaks that you'd have to pay the dealer for otherwise. For real mechanically-inclined folks, it's priceless.

·
Registered
598 Posts
VIDA is the software that has all of the repair procedures, diagrams, and part numbers for our cars. VERY comprehensive and covers many years/models.

DiCE is the hardware interface that communicates with the caR directly. With it you can read all error codes and make some adjustments (how the DRLs work, heated seat temp, SUM calibration, maybe a few other tweaks). With the "cracked" versions coming from China you cannot install or download software updates for the car.

With genuine versions, you can download (for a fee) software updated from Volvo and install them. Not really necessary though, as Volvo now updates software for free whenever you bring the car into the dealer for a scheduled service.

For a guy like myself, who only does minor tinkering, not major repairs, it's a neat toy that allows for a few tweaks that you'd have to pay the dealer for otherwise. For real mechanically-inclined folks, it's priceless.
I just ordered the aliexpress version. I'll use it to adjust my heated seats which will essentially pay for itself. Everything else will be gravy!

·
Registered
3,758 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
I bought the xcar360 one, works great! Installed Vida under windows 7 32bit and cleared some codes and whatnot on the S60R and C70. SUM recal didn't seem to change a thing lol.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Hey thanks a lot. Side note: You're from Doylestown, eh? Does that mean you are familiar Keystone Motors? I only ask because I'm from Pottstown and know a few people who work at Keystone in Dtown.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hey thanks a lot. Side note: You're from Doylestown, eh? Does that mean you are familiar Keystone Motors? I only ask because I'm from Pottstown and know a few people who work at Keystone in Dtown.
Yeah, I live right in town. I bought my VR there and my wife's 850 too. Decent guys, but they are expensive.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts