SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in SE MI have VIDA/DICE that might be able to help me out?

Trying to follow this guide for wiring up my hitch, and I'm having no luck.

When I ordered the Trailer Module, Volvo of Lisle stated I needed a different part number--31407107 instead of 31350479. I had the dealer load the software referenced in the above guide (30764681), but I don't know if they actually did it or if they did it correctly, or if the pinout on the TRM is somehow different from what's posted in the guide. As best I can tell, the software part number is the same between the modules. I've got no lights from my Curt Trailer Module, no message concerning the Volvo TRM in my dash, and I'm running out of time. Need to have this sorted by next Friday and I'm a bit leery of taking it back to the dealer that first flat out refused to install the software, and then said it was done but from all appearances wasn't.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Took it back to the dealer. Thankfully they didn't charge me anything, but they're saying they can't program the module because the software isn't available for my vehicle, which is total **** according to VIDA. It's also counter to what they said previously, and they charged me $150 for the software load they didn't even do the last time. For anyone in the area, do not go to Suburban Volvo because they are incompetent.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I'm in Platte City, MO (basically Kansas City MO) and I've got a VIDA/DiCE. I'm kind of far from you though, I think. :( Any luck with getting this done? I'm looking to set up my V70R with the trailer package stuff in the next couple years...

-Steve

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to give a call to the other dealer near me--near being over an hour away--and see if they might take a look. I just don't see how Vida would list this equipment and software as being available for my vehicle, and yet they can't load it because it says it isn't available for my vehicle haha. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We can lock this thread.

Took my car to Sesi Volvo in Ann Arbor and they sorted me out in under an hour for almost half as much as Suburban. Seriously, to hell with those imbeciles.

·
Registered
195 Posts
sesi is great, i know two of the service guys there pretty well and it's where i take my R. where at in michigan are you?

·
Registered
36 Posts
benime,

can you post more detail on your experience, what year and model volvo is it? all the same as in the tutorial? was it 30764681 that Sesi ended up loading into your car? did you do everything else the same as the tutorial?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts