SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last week I had an "engine system service required" light on the dash and it wouldnt go away. The car ran fine otherwise. Today I received my Vida/Dice tool and hooked it up and cleared all of the faults in the Delivery window of diagnostics. They come right back as ECM-9159, ECM-917F and a few that pertain to the siren and fog light relay.Under unselected csc I get the same with an addition of CEM-1A5D. I know this is all related to the ETM ( which I have the white sticker). So far the engine system service light has stayed off and the car runs fine.What parameters am I supposed to have on the ETM as far as position sensor degrees and throttle position? I am cross posting this to other Volvo sites so I can hopefully get some more responses. What else should I check out. I cant afford a new ETM right now but I dont want to be stranded in limp mode either. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
You could try running the ECM adaptation process using VIDA to see if it completes successfully...

2002 V70XC, 2003 V40, 2004 S60, 2010 V70

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was able to run the ETM sweep test but i cant see the bottom of the page to see the difference. It didnt look anything like others so I think the etm is toast? It looked like a DNA helix. When I looked at the etm parameters the sensor #1 was 108.4 and sensor #2 was 30 something so quite a big spread. The car seems to run fine and the service engine soon light is out for now. I also installed a brand new battery. I would like to put a contactless TPS on it but I read somewhere that if the degree is 108 that the board is toast. I will do some more diagnosing the next day I have off.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So yesterday I ran the ETM sweep test again. The graph looked nothing like any other sweep test graphs I have seen. The peaks on my graph were opposite. When sensor one was peaked at the top, sensor 2 was at the bottom. My Throttle sensor 1 was at 94.29 and throttle position sensor 2 was at 16.63 with a difference wvalue of 77.65 degrees. I know this points to the ETM. Since the car still runs well ( except service engine system soon light), I would assume that the #1 sensor is shot? Would I be able to do the contactless retrofit throttle sensor repair on this throttle or is there something else wrong with the throttle? Since it runs well i would thing that it was just a sensor but I wanted to get other opinions before I spent the money. Thanks for all the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts