SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it's possible to disable the MOST Security with VIDA/DICE?
I'm planing to add 3rd party unit (GROM Audio) to the audio setup.

I have found that when checking the parameters for the ICM is says MOST Security = ON

Or is it only something a Volvo dealer can do?

Regards,
timebandit

·
Registered
5 Posts
yes, only a dealer can do it. they need to download software to disable it. but when i approached 2 dealers specifically requesting this, and offering a disclaimer from me.....both refused saying Volvo will not allow the car to be driven away with it disabled. my ICM has broken, so i wanted to do my own install and remove the old system, but i;ve been prevented from doing so. i did a long thread here http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=143343&highlight=icm

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This really blows... Have been in contact with 4 dealers. All non Volvo specific says they either can't or not allowed and also says only Volvo can do it.

The Volvo dealer says £100 which is pretty much when the unit cost £299.

BUT, all dealers that do have access to VIDA or download software from Volvo can do this, right?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Installed Grom in my XC90 about 2 weeks ago with no issues without visiting the dealer on US T6 model. When I viewed it in Dice today it just showed that the CD player was disconnected. I haven't had any other errors. Now, the Grom unit on the other hand, not overly impressed with for the money just yet.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts