SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1141 - 1160 of 1209 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Greetings!!
Tried to send a message to link given at >>https://volvodiag.com/support/<< but I'm missing something in the address.
Thanx.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is no reason you can't use Hilton inside of the VM. If you are using the Windows 7 VM, I am not sure that I ever updated Hilton tuning on that VM so you may need to use the one he sends you but that will still work in the VM too.

Screenshot including taskbar with VIDA icon showing please.

That is going to be the manufacture should have the solution for. I know wit the VXDiag they show the drivers "emulating" the DICE unit so you don't change anything. it is just automatically used.

Try manually selecting your car but select 2015 instead. The "hack" that the fake 2015D has is just the SQL database edited to know what the VIN of the 2016 would be for the year marker.
Hi Roxana,

see screenshots in link.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16qdCsSZkkmD0c3FsZ6ngyJ3qh1oTRszu?usp=sharing

Thanks!

-Nick

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,143
Is that directly installed? Doesn't look like a VM.

Greetings!!
Tried to send a message to link given at >>https://volvodiag.com/support/<< but I'm missing something in the address.
Thanx.
There is no email address on that page.

Hello Roxana,

Can you provide me with a link to download the software? I tried https://volvodiag.com, registered but it hangs during login.

best,
Ketan
Adblockers and blocking third party cookies tend to stop Googles Recaptcha from working which is why you are getting the spinning hang up. Try a private or incognito window. There is no way to send you a direct link and the link is generated each time someone clicks download and it can't be shared.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Impossible to donwload

Hello Roxana,

first of all thank you for your unvaluable work. And your patience.
I'm new to the forum of Swedespeed and I registered today also on volvodiag. I tried to donwload the image for vmware but the donwload speed is incredibly slow (just few kbs and after 20 Mb it stops). No way to do it today.
Is there a problem with my IP address? Can I send you a PM with my IP to check it?

Thank you,

Dectop

·
Registered
3 Posts

Adblockers and blocking third party cookies tend to stop Googles Recaptcha from working which is why you are getting the spinning hang up. Try a private or incognito window. There is no way to send you a direct link and the link is generated each time someone clicks download and it can't be shared.

Yes I received it directly installed on a tablet

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Roxana
I did a direct installation on Win7 Pro with IE9 and it finally works.
But I checked Us and Fr, he installed well in Us and I saw him installed a Fr patch but when I use Vida, everything is in English.
So I wonder, if I uninstall Vida and put it back only in Fr, will it work or is it only available in Us?
Thank you

·
Registered
38 Posts

tried disabling adblockers as wells as incognito mode but still hangs.

·
Registered
2012, V70, D5, AWD
8 Posts
For me it's also not letting to login, the login screen just spinning and that's all. Tried incognito mode, but the same, tried few different devices, but no luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Roxana
I have problem. Vida doesent see my interface. I can`t see it on device list. In machine i choose it, but vida dont see it. Could You help with that? I have VXDIAG

·
Registered
22 Posts
:( IP Banned likely after the website didn't redirect me multiple times. Was able to register fine. When I tried to change my password all hell broke loose. Unable to login now. Tried IE, Chrome, and Edge. Disabled Adblock/Privacy badger. Used incognito/private window mode. I like the idea of using the website (unfortunately it adds cost to Rox), and provides better security through the link generation. But unfortunately even for an advanced user like me, you can get IP banned, which sucks. Perhaps you could add 2FA or some other sort of security measure that wouldn't be such a catch-all to avoid spam, and idiot-proof it for idiots like me :) lmao.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi @roxanaschram , I tried to import the image into virtual box but it gave me the error:

Failed to import appliance C:/Users/FruitSalad/Downloads/VIDA Virtualbox (Win10) Release 3.ova.Result Code: E_INVALIDARG (0x80070057)

then I tried again (this time disabling DVD because it is broken) and i got another error:

Failed to import appliance C:/Users/FruitSalad/Downloads/VIDA Virtualbox (Win10) Release 3.ova.

&lt;vbox:Machine&gt; element in OVF contains a medium attachment for the disk image but the OVF describes no such image.

Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component: ApplianceWrap
Interface: IAppliance {86a98347-7619-41aa-aece-b21ac5c1a7e6}
_

I've been successful getting this going on my workstation, but for hooking up to the car I'm trying to put it on a super old intel B950 laptop with windows 8.1. Is it a problem that i'm trying to select windows 10 as the guest host? do I have a choice?

update: the third time it seemed to import the image ok, but when i went to run it, it said:

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine Vida 2014D.

The native API dll was not found (C:\Windows\system32\WinHvPlatform.dll) (VERR_NEM_NOT_AVAILABLE).

VT-x is not available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX).

Result Code:E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component:ConsoleWrap
Interface:IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

update: when trying to run the vmware image i get this:

Error while powering on: This host does not support Intel VT-x.

This host does not support "Intel EPT" hardware assisted MMU virtualization.

Module 'CPUIDEarly' power on failed.

Failed to start the virtual machine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi.
I'm looking for the download link to vida virtualbox (win10) release 3.ova
Can't find it at the beginning of the thread

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there. Anyone got issue with the password for unzip the file from volvodiag.com?
I download the file and trying to enter the password (volvodiag.com), but nothing happen, doesnt work... later trying the same use log in site password, same think, doesnt work...
Any ideas what to do? Thank you

·
Registered
350 Posts
SOLVED, TL/DR:

The parking brake module does not have an "Activations" function like other modules in the car--windows for example. To put the parking brake in service mode, you must use the "Advanced" tab. I broke it down into three pictures. I hope this helps you. Minute marker 7:05 of this YouTube video clued me into it (thank you Rob Smith).

Double clicking on "Activation and Service" brings you to the page that says to click on the VCT2000, but it's counter-intuitive (at least for me). Double click the icon.

An activation menu appears. Be sure your VIDA/DICE has not lost connection by checking its lights, and ensure you're still in POS II (my car battery started to get lower the longer I played around with this).

Click "Activate Service Mode" on the right hand side. Wait a minute, and you'll hear electric motors whirring for 60-90 seconds. When complete, the red box below shows that PBM reads "Yes" for the service mode rows.

--------------

Trying to do rear brakes on my 2015.5 V60 and release the parking brake. Can anyone help me understand how to get VIDA to "do" something or change a value? I see the Parking Brake Module Maintenance Mode is "No," so clearly I want to get it to say "Yes" to be able to remove the caliper.

I gather from YouTube that I have to get into the "Activations" tab, but it's greyed out. I'm not sure what to do with that--nor am I sure how to keep the car in POS II long enough to get to this step.

Appreciate any help anyone can provide. I'm lost. Also, anyone in the Washington, D.C. area with a known-good VIDA setup, I'd buy you a beer if you can teach me how to use this and/or verify I somehow have a rip-off or broken setup.

Reactions: BollWeevil

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unable to reach the volvodiag site. IP adress blocked.
What happened?
The owner of this website (volvodiag.com) has banned the autonomous system number (ASN) your IP address is in (8473) from accessing this website.

1141 - 1160 of 1209 Posts