SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1081 - 1100 of 1154 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am stuck at trying to run the VMware machine image. Starts to load then hangs up and gives me a “system not meeting minimum req, or device/ credentials guard enabled.

3ghz amd ryzen, 8gb ram, win 10 home

Tried to turn off all the guards, hex edited the values to 0 with a new key like the tuts say but I’m stumped now

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am stuck at trying to run the VMware machine image. Starts to load then hangs up and gives me a “system not meeting minimum req, or device/ credentials guard enabled.

Tried to turn off all the guards, hex edited the values to 0 with a new key like the tuts say but I’m stumped now

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,084
I am getting permission denied when try to download image, UK ip: 43.233

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk
I see you got logged in after you posted this, is everything good now? It looks like you are coming in via IPv6 which has been causing issues since the server and ISP only assigned IPv4.

Make sure you are running VMWare player 15 not 12. Version 12 are for those that have older system that don't support the new technology. Also try the Virtualbox version and see what happens.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Make sure you are running VMWare player 15 not 12. Version 12 are for those that have older system that don't support the new technology. Also try the Virtualbox version and see what happens

Thank you for the help! I definitely need some professional help and I will definitely donate to you as a small token of thanks.

Update. It’s win 10 home ed

I tried 15 and 12, vmware no go

turned off as many windows security functions as I could find, core processing protection and everything.

Set the hypervisor launch type to 0ff.

Turned the virtualization tek on and off in device manager

Restarts after all. I don’t have good enough internet here to download the vbox version but should be able to that this afternoon and can update. Didn’t know running a vm would be such a pain in the ass. Thanks again and cheers 🍻

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,086
Make sure you are running VMWare player 15 not 12. Version 12 are for those that have older system that don't support the new technology. Also try the Virtualbox version and see what happens

Thank you for the help! I definitely need some professional help and I will definitely donate to you as a small token of thanks.

Update. It’s win 10 home ed

I tried 15 and 12, vmware no go

turned off as many windows security functions as I could find, core processing protection and everything.

Set the hypervisor launch type to 0ff.

Turned the virtualization tek on and off in device manager

Restarts after all. I don’t have good enough internet here to download the vbox version but should be able to that this afternoon and can update. Didn’t know running a vm would be such a pain in the ass. Thanks again and cheers 🍻
Try this: disable defender guard

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ot-allow/a5c9aea7-c341-4188-9fe2-e6b619b97004

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thank you kindly once again. I did try those links but it only applies to education and enterprise editions. The home edition has no gp editor, that’s why I couldn’t change it. They want you to upgrade your version for 100$ to unlock the use of the on off switch for this. Ridiculous

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,089
Thank you kindly once again. I did try those links but it only applies to education and enterprise editions. The home edition has no gp editor, that’s why I couldn’t change it. They want you to upgrade your version for 100$ to unlock the use of the on off switch for this. Ridiculous
But did you try modifying the boot EFI as it showed? If you have an old Windows 7 Pro key lying around, you can use it to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I recycle old computers at work and we get hundreds of old systems in with the COAs and I've, maybe, used 1 or 2 of them :p

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes I did try to do it anyway haha 😂 I was missing a file I needed to copy. Some commands are not working, guessing from being the home version locking me out. I miss win 98 w ms dos prompt and device manager. Had an old one running but gave up the goat 🐐 I bet this would be easier on Linux but just a hunch.

Don’t have a win7 pro key but am in the market it looks like!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,091
Also, if you want to direct install you can. Just follow the instructions on Trixeo's thread. I know you are running Home edition so to get it going, you open your registry editor and go to:

Code:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
Find ProductName and change Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Professional. Once you are done installing, change it back. :p BUT DON'T RESTART WHILE IT'S CHANGED. When you get to the step to install VIDA, make the change, install VIDA, then change back and finish the rest of the steps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Any chance this would work better on vbox? Might be easier. Wonder if I can find a geek younger than me that knows these new tricks

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,093
I'm hoping Virtualbox would work better for you. I've not heard of this issue before.

edit: this is why I provide both platform of images.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hmmm interesting I will have to check out that thread. Not quite following how that will work. Tricking it for a session will unlock the virtualization of pro? Not sure I thought these damn things could just do it but it’s a widespread prob on the net.

I tried the direct install first and worked until it found out I wasn’t running 7. I tried to virtualization it but of coarse that didn’t work. Then tried vm shell you made.

Excellent work my friend, blown away by this piece of art you’ve created

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,095
It's not tricking it to enable virtualization. Directly installing VIDA means you don't run a VM at all. No virtualization at all. It bypasses VIDA's check during install to see if you are running Home or Professional edition of Windows.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great I will try the vbox!

Thank you again my friend, not only have you created this masterpiece but you’re supporting it better than most companies operations. You got my donation that’s for sure

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,097
I try to give as much support as i can. I switched to Virtualbox platform because it's supported by Mac, Windows, Unix and Linux computers. I know a lot of people that don't want to directly install so a VM is the perfect alternative.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wow that’s an earful and looks like a can o worms over there at trixeos lol maybe time to partition off a Linux drive

1081 - 1100 of 1154 Posts