SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1154 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
You're very welcome. Sadly, I'm waiting for better weather here before I can get out to my car with my laptop for the walk throughs on how to do stuff with VIDA. I plan on having a full on resource for 2014D... Maybe even some videos...

·
Registered
112 Posts
After getting the "service machine", provided by roxanascham, installed to a virtual windows 7 pro 32 bit system, I ordered a VIDA/DICE unit and plugged it to virtual machine and to the running vehicle, confirmed that it read the vehicle information, displaying VIN and other information. Under Diagnostics I can see the Module tree with ECM,TCM, etc. All I can get is information about the vehicle, but no where in TCM where I can reset the Fluid Counter, for example. Are there any DICE units out that only read information, but will not send communication to the vehicle? Or, if anyone has the specific steps, after Vida loads and reads the vehicle, to get to the TCM Fluid Counter reset?

·
Registered
414 Posts
After getting the "service machine", provided by roxanascham, installed to a virtual windows 7 pro 32 bit system, I ordered a VIDA/DICE unit and plugged it to virtual machine and to the running vehicle, confirmed that it read the vehicle information, displaying VIN and other information. Under Diagnostics I can see the Module tree with ECM,TCM, etc. All I can get is information about the vehicle, but no where in TCM where I can reset the Fluid Counter, for example. Are there any DICE units out that only read information, but will not send communication to the vehicle? Or, if anyone has the specific steps, after Vida loads and reads the vehicle, to get to the TCM Fluid Counter reset?
There is an option to test dice communication in vida....
Cant recall on top of my mind...but it is in the firts steps...
I think its under vehicle information

Envoyé de mon SM-N920W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
112 Posts
There is an option to test dice communication in vida....
Cant recall on top of my mind...but it is in the firts steps...
I think its under vehicle information

Yes, I have tested the DICE communication and it passes as "OK". Also the ECM/TCM shows green so communication should be
available.
I have found the following procedure online:(Perhaps someone could verify for 2014D)
1. Click on Diagnostic tab
2. Click on sub tab Vehicle Communication
3.Go to TCM and then Advance tab
4. From there you click on Fluid Change

But I don't believe I am getting all of those. When I select TCM, I only get a folder structure on the lower part of the screen that gives information. I don't think I am seeing the Advanced Tab

Added: I am going to try again today. I am thinking that after the car is read and the information displayed that I failed to click <OK>.

12/28/17
----okay, finally got down to "Reset Transmission Fluid Counter', but when attempting the reset, got the message "no communication with control module". I haven't given up YET. And YES the key was in position II

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks for all the hard work roxanaschram - Looking forward to the USB & TrueImage walk-through instructions..

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
No problem....

EVERYONE! READ THE FIRST POST, new patch information!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I get "The system cannot find the patch specified" when I run filldb.cmd. Any help? I've extracted the files to C:/VIDA and I'm running it as admin. Also tried running it both with and without the vida monitor application running. If I try to login to VIDA it just loads for a second and returns to the login screen, no info.

·
Registered
112 Posts
roxanascham's patch for license works for me. Thank you roxanascham.:partywave:

I need some help diagnosing a possily defective DICE unit. I have no problems running 2014D, actually on two computers, one resident from CD that came with DICE unit, and one on virtualbox setup with the service machine provided by roxanascham.
Anyone who has successfully reset the transmission fluid counter, which lights on the dice unit are either on or flashing when the car is running and OBD cable plugged in and USB plugged into computer. Please tell me what you see. I know volvosweden has done this and in his video there are more lights flashing than on mine. Many thanks to anyone who can help. DICE is 206751, but all Chinese clones may have this same numer regardless.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
The fluid counter supposed to be reset with the engine off and key in posII, have not paid attention to the LEDs (edit- see this was already tried).

If the DICE is connected and communicating to the point you're able to see the reset (in Vehicle Communications/Activations I think), it's likely that the unit is functioning. Could do a re-read of the modules, see if that clears anything up. Any errors on TCM (might prevent more menus being shown) when you look at diagnostics?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Seems that the download amount for Onedrive has been exceeded.. Unable to download

Great idea of running Vida by VM and share it btw!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Seems that the download amount for Onedrive has been exceeded.. Unable to download

Shoot!
I was about to dowload the 2018 patch :(

·
Registered
112 Posts
The fluid counter supposed to be reset with the engine off and key in posII, have not paid attention to the LEDs (edit- see this was already tried).

If the DICE is connected and communicating to the point you're able to see the reset (in Vehicle Communications/Activations I think), it's likely that the unit is functioning. Could do a re-read of the modules, see if that clears anything up. Any errors on TCM (might prevent more menus being shown) when you look at diagnostics?
Thank you. Yes, I understand how it is supposed to work. But, I believe my DICE is defective, even though DICE communication tests OK generally, through the Windows Start/Dice/DICE Diagnostics. The bottom <Vehicle Interface status> light blinks orange constantly. I believe it is supposed to be ON constantly when Interface has been established. This results in the infamous [CEM] error indication when the vehicle is being Read. [Also, my Scangauge works perfectly with this vehicle, and it connects to the OBD port and reads many parameters of vehicle performance.]

I do have a teleca 1163 5.2 green board in my DICE unit, but it is missing some components as shown here from a seller on AliExpress

The Area Circled bottom left where the 5 components connect 10 contacts. Those 5 black components are not on mine. Everything else appears identical. Of course if I ordered the one that shows this I might not get exactly that. That is just the way it is with clones, some images show those components and some do not.

ADDED: I found the Volvo document on which lights on the DICE unit are supposed to be on, which colors, and whether blinking or steady. My unit is definately defective.

UPDATE:1/13/18: based on a recommendation from Roxy, I purchased a VIDA/DICE unit from Amazon. More expensive than Ebay, but it arrived and worked perfectly right out of the box. Was able to "Reset Fluid Counter", observe transmission temperature and reset Motor Oil Service light.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
I kinda jumped on the last post without seeing your earlier post on what you had already attempted. Just seems odd that you're able to connect to the car but not complete the reset action. Can you pull parameters from the individual modules and see them on the screen? I probably won't be much help but wanted to ask a few basic questions first. Apologies for any inconvenience caused....

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
I get "The system cannot find the patch specified" when I run filldb.cmd. Any help? I've extracted the files to C:/VIDA and I'm running it as admin. Also tried running it both with and without the vida monitor application running. If I try to login to VIDA it just loads for a second and returns to the login screen, no info.
Which VIDA version are you running out of curiousity? Access scenario sounds like a pre-2013.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I kinda jumped on the last post without seeing your earlier post on what you had already attempted. Just seems odd that you're able to connect to the car but not complete the reset action. Can you pull parameters from the individual modules and see them on the screen? I probably won't be much help but wanted to ask a few basic questions first. Apologies for any inconvenience caused....
No problem. Actually my DICE can no longer read my vehicle. See above post.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got updated like this:

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...ation-123117&p=6303185&viewfull=1#post6303185

The downloads in the above post will only work for 2014D. The license file is different for each release.
Before finding this thread, I fixed my 2014A installation by using WinRar to extract 3 files out of the original patch executable.
A windows batch file called filldb.cmd
An SQL command file called filldb.sql
the VIDA license file called license

These need to be copied into a new directory called 'patch' in the VIDA home directory (normally C:\VIDA\).
You then edit the license file in Notepad and search for 'subscriptionExpireDate', you will find a date after it ("2017-12-31 23:59:59").
Change the year to whatever you want (within reason) and save the file.

Stop the VIDA service from the task bar by right clicking on the icon and selecting Stop,
and run the filldb.cmd command file (preferably from a command line window while in the C:|VIDA\patch directory).
This then creates an SQL command file to write the data from the license file into VIDA's SQL database and runs it using the MS SQL command line.

Restart the VIDA service by right-clicking on the task bar icon, and once it's status shows as 'Running' try starting and logging in to VIDA All In One.
The expiry warning should have gone.

I was lucky that I still had the original patch executable I had run when I installed 2014A. To do any of the above you need the patch executable that matches your version.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #59

Never had that happen before, added a second location... Sorry.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Shoot!
I was about to dowload the 2018 patch :(

No worries, new link and new 2022 patch.

41 - 60 of 1154 Posts