SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

601 - 620 of 1154 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
tjabba Erik,

sorry to hear it was such a hassle for you, you seem to be in pretty deep so if it was me id try to get it done out of stubbornness/pride or lose all interest in volvo.
but, just so you know i bought one off ebay billed as the new model, looked a lot like the authentic DICE for 50pound from china. that along with a 2014 laptop did the trick for my 2013 volvo, everything worked (albeit a bit buggy and slowly, and i didnt get the wiring map as it wasnt included in the iso) but it was so precarious i wonder if you made a simple mistake or missed a step..

-is your car new, or older than the end of 2014? i woundnt bother with something newer.
-did you get a shoddy DICE or one like i described? i knew this would be an important step and got the newest model DICE possible when semi-blindly skimming ebay
-are you using a modern laptop? recently re-imaged or bogged down with years of superflous drivers? through usb?
-are you confident using the VM and enabling usb ports to it?

how have you managed to spend 300 on getting this to work?

and yes it might be 99%, most ppl want to watch reality tv about retarded socialites, but theres such a large volume that it evens out fine :)

*edit - it looks like it worked but doesnt, so something ****ed with a driver or something. were u running a VM? then you can flash the laptops OS, install VMware and boot VIDA in half an hour

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hi there in the forum

I would like to ask you all, how many of you -> who got yourself a VIDA DICE 2014D have actually got it to work with the software (irrespective of windows version etc.)?

My guess is that it is probably less than 1% of the VIDA DICE owners really got it up running. And 99% of the VIDA DICE devices are laying in their boxes unused. Am I right?

Kind Regards

Erik
Mine works fine, most of the time. Sometimes it doesn't load just right and I simply re-boot either the program, the computer, or both. Mine is a direct install on a WIN 7 Pro laptop, and I think it works pretty well for cracked, pirated software that was never intended to be in the hands of a retail automobile customer.
I would have a different outlook about the number of un-used VIDA-DICE buyers that are not using it, as I read many forum posts on various subjects, and frequently see that posters are making reference to their VIDA data, or where VIDA data is provided from a post responder to the original poster. I think that on Swedespeed, VIDA data is so casually mentioned that it seems everyone has it except for the new forum members. I felt completely left out when I first joined this forum:confused:
I agree that a successful install is not always an easy accomplishment. I have installed my direct VIDA twice on the same laptop, just to see if different methods would provide better results, and had different installation issues in each case. I've installed the Virtual Machine (Thanks, Roxanna!) three times on different computers that I own, and had installation issues with those, as well. Through sheer persistence, they were all successful.
$300 isn't too bad to buy an outdated computer and a knock-off DICE, I think. It seems your biggest losses are in time ,energy, and frustration, and I sympathize with you for that.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #603
Well for a while I was selling computers preloaded and a few of them had DICEs included. It was mostly upon request. I never charge for the software, just hardware and time. 300$ would have gotten a decent laptop with DICE.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Strange display behaviour in Internet Explorer but fixed

Hi Roxana,

Thanks a lot for your work !!!

I met some display issues within explorer when trying to use Vida : not full display of the content, more or less blinking dark blue or black big squares on the pages , .....
Anyway, I fixed it by deactivating the hardware acceleration (2D/3D).
Now I am waiting for the DICE device in my mail box :)

If some day you see any interest to package a french version, it would be great.

Again, thanks a lot :)
Albert

·
Registered
10 Posts
There is already a thread for those wanting to direct install to follow on here. It works great for people who have a basic knowledge of computers and a clean system. I have found that if you don't have a clean system you have to know how to work around issues. Sadly there aren't any scripts for that because it's on a individual basis. VIDA install really does require a certain level of computer knowledge.
I apologize for my poor choice of words, "Text Scripts". I am starting from a position of "computer Knowledge" but if one is doing this for the 1st time, there is a lot to learn. What I was really proposing was a few "Readme" files in your folders to narrow down which files one might want to download. As i indicated in my post, I decide to do a "download all" and try to sort things out later. As you pointed out, I really only needed one file to get started.

I was truly trying to make less work for you. :) Can you give a link to the "direct install"?

·
Registered
627 Posts
I'm struggling to get the VM up on MacBook. I installed VMware Fusion, when I run the service machine, I get the following error:

Could not open /dev/vmmon: Broken pipe.
Please make sure that the kernel module `vmmon' is loaded.

This occurred with both the Win7 and Win10 images.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #607
AllanBurns... Since you messaged but have messages blocked I not able to reply to it other than doing this...

You have to download all the files in the "USB Image RC3 "folder. Then you use 7-zip to decompress the files. It is produce the IMZ file you need.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #608
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PEOPLE, DON'T MESSAGE ME IF YOU HAVE MESSAGES BLOCKED! It wastes my time trying to reply only to find out I can't. Not directed solely at you AllanBurns. I have had probably 20 people message me asking me to help install VIDA for them and have messages block so I can't reply.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I'm struggling to get the VM up on MacBook. I installed VMware Fusion, when I run the service machine, I get the following error:

Could not open /dev/vmmon: Broken pipe.
Please make sure that the kernel module `vmmon' is loaded.

This occurred with both the Win7 and Win10 images.
Realizing this is a VMware issue - will post up more detail once I have it sorted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I'm new to Vida and ran into trouble, So I'd like some advice if possible.
I bought a second hand laptop Dell E7240 256GB SSD 4GB ram came preloaded with win 10 and I bought a Win 7 Pro license because I didn't know if it would run VMWare smoothly and installed that. After 2 days upgrading and rebooting it ran fine.
Installed Vida from the Cd that came with the Dice, Some problems with a outdated patch and eventually dropped IE11 for IE8 (9 couldn't be found to download) and it worked.
Some things are grayed out and couldn't get into diagnostics. also the pics are red crosses.

Installed Vdash and the Dice worked fine.

Been struggling with the installation over and over again upon destroying the MBR when I tried to sideload Win 10 again.

So this is a bit of background, Now my question,. Which version should I get from you that will work for me?

I can install Win 10 and Win 7 once my SSD is back up and running, so I'm all ears.

Thanks,

Ps, I tried to send a PM though when going to my profile it says I can't acces that part.
JasperT, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've converted the image from roxanaschram to a Virtualbox file (ova file, so it can imported).

It can be downloaded here, password is "Swedespeed":
https://albino71.stackstorage.com/s/OK2TJFu6dZUCAh5

All credits to roxana off course!

Short Instructions:
Download VirtualBox, install and then run it.
Create a Virtual Machine (Windows 10 32bit), use the downloaded file as your virtual harddisk.
Give the VM enough memory and video memory.
Connect your dice to your PC/laptop and add it to the VM's USB devices
Run the VM, use the credentials as mentioned in de opening post from this thread, enjoy! ;)

Cheers!
Thanks albino71 & roxana!

The only couple of things I'd mention is that it seems to be a windows 7 image but more importantly,it seems that you need to install the virtualbox expansion & enable USB 2 or 3 for any Dice communication. I havent tested 3 but 2 works. It might be worth adding that step into your post.

This had me stuck for a couple of days, as I previously had a virtualbox XP machine which was working fine with USB 1, so I had written it off as a non issue.

It seemed to cause driver instalation problems & I presume has more to do with how the driver is written than any speed requirement for the dice itself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went back to windows 10 and downloaded the VIDA VM (Win10) English - R2.7z version. Can I change language to NL somehow maybe with copying the language files from a different version?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all,

Quote Originally Posted by albino71 View Post
I've converted the image from roxanaschram to a Virtualbox file (ova file, so it can imported).

Short Instructions:
Create a Virtual Machine (Windows 10 32bit), use the downloaded file as your virtual harddisk.
Run the VM, use the credentials as mentioned in de opening post from this thread, enjoy!

Cheers!

After vm installation in Virtual Box, when I run the machine I received the following error:

Could not start the machine Win7-x86-Vida because the following physical network interfaces were not found:

Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V (adapter 1)

You can either change the machine's network settings or stop the machine.

Can somebody help me?

Thank you.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #614
Hi,

I'm new to Vida and ran into trouble, So I'd like some advice if possible.
I bought a second hand laptop Dell E7240 256GB SSD 4GB ram came preloaded with win 10 and I bought a Win 7 Pro license because I didn't know if it would run VMWare smoothly and installed that. After 2 days upgrading and rebooting it ran fine.
Installed Vida from the Cd that came with the Dice, Some problems with a outdated patch and eventually dropped IE11 for IE8 (9 couldn't be found to download) and it worked.
Some things are grayed out and couldn't get into diagnostics. also the pics are red crosses.

Installed Vdash and the Dice worked fine.

Been struggling with the installation over and over again upon destroying the MBR when I tried to sideload Win 10 again.

So this is a bit of background, Now my question,. Which version should I get from you that will work for me?

I can install Win 10 and Win 7 once my SSD is back up and running, so I'm all ears.

Thanks,

Ps, I tried to send a PM though when going to my profile it says I can't acces that part.
I prefer Windows 10 for VIDA, it's more stable. I would recommend you directly install. I have the full installed on Google Drive link in my original post.

Thanks albino71 & roxana!

The only couple of things I'd mention is that it seems to be a windows 7 image but more importantly,it seems that you need to install the virtualbox expansion & enable USB 2 or 3 for any Dice communication. I havent tested 3 but 2 works. It might be worth adding that step into your post.

This had me stuck for a couple of days, as I previously had a virtualbox XP machine which was working fine with USB 1, so I had written it off as a non issue.

It seemed to cause driver instalation problems & I presume has more to do with how the driver is written than any speed requirement for the dice itself.
VirtualBox actually mentions on their site that the expansion pack is required to use USB devices. If you are trying to use a VirtualBox image, I have a new one that was built about 2 months ago based on Windows 10 and is a straight import. You double click the file and it imports itself.

I went back to windows 10 and downloaded the VIDA VM (Win10) English - R2.7z version. Can I change language to NL somehow maybe with copying the language files from a different version?
You would need to create a new VM or just do a direct install which is easier than creating a new VM. Less work.

Hi all,

Quote Originally Posted by albino71 View Post

Short Instructions:
Run the VM, use the credentials as mentioned in de opening post from this thread, enjoy!

Cheers!

After vm installation in Virtual Box, when I run the machine I received the following error:

Could not start the machine Win7-x86-Vida because the following physical network interfaces were not found:

Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V (adapter 1)

You can either change the machine's network settings or stop the machine.

Can somebody help me?

Thank you.
If you are trying to use a VirtualBox image, I have a new one that was built about 2 months ago based on Windows 10 and is a straight import. You double click the file and it imports itself.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I prefer Windows 10 for VIDA, it's more stable. I would recommend you directly install. I have the full installed on Google Drive link in my original post.

VirtualBox actually mentions on their site that the expansion pack is required to use USB devices. If you are trying to use a VirtualBox image, I have a new one that was built about 2 months ago based on Windows 10 and is a straight import. You double click the file and it imports itself.

You would need to create a new VM or just do a direct install which is easier than creating a new VM. Less work.

If you are trying to use a VirtualBox image, I have a new one that was built about 2 months ago based on Windows 10 and is a straight import. You double click the file and it imports itself.
If I try to download from link on first page, it snd me to link from where I can download Windows 7 based VirtualBox image.

Is there another download link?

Thank you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If I try to download from link on first page, it snd me to link from where I can download Windows 7 based VirtualBox image.

Is there another download link?

Thank you.
I have found link.
I have downloaded OVA file.
But it cannot be imported in VirtualBox-5.2.30-130521-Win installed on a 32 bytes host.

Error:

Failed to open/interpret appliance .

Error in (line 97) -- Invalid value 'VBOXSVGA' in Display/@controller attribute.

F:\tinderbox\win-5.2\out\win.x86\release\obj\VBoxAPIWrap\ApplianceWrap.cpp[387] (long __stdcall ApplianceWrap::Interpret(void)).

Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component: ApplianceWrap
Interface: IAppliance {8398f026-4add-4474-5bc3-2f9f2140b23e}

I have tried to extract VIDA-VM-VB.ovf with 7z but I received the same error.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #617
I have found link.
I have downloaded OVA file.
But it cannot be imported in VirtualBox-5.2.30-130521-Win installed on a 32 bytes host.

Error:

Failed to open/interpret appliance .

Error in (line 97) -- Invalid value 'VBOXSVGA' in Display/@controller attribute.

F:\tinderbox\win-5.2\out\win.x86\release\obj\VBoxAPIWrap\ApplianceWrap.cpp[387] (long __stdcall ApplianceWrap::Interpret(void)).

Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component: ApplianceWrap
Interface: IAppliance {8398f026-4add-4474-5bc3-2f9f2140b23e}

I have tried to extract VIDA-VM-VB.ovf with 7z but I received the same error.
What version of Windows are you running? 32bit? 64bit? Windows 7/10? Home/Pro? What are your computer specs?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,
Windows 7 Pro 32 Bit.
I will try to install directly.
If I will not succeed I will ask for your help.

Trimis de pe al meu Redmi Note 4 folosind Tapatalk
Hi,
I've installed VIDA from archive I've downloaded from link in first page, but it doesn't work properly. First I can't edit login field. Then, I've run 32 bit patch. I can now enter 1 in login field, login process seems to start, but doesn't work. It returns to login page. Can you help me? Thank you!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,
I've installed VIDA from archive I've downloaded from link in first page, but it doesn't work properly. First I can't edit login field. Then, I've run 32 bit patch. I can now enter 1 in login field, login process seems to start, but doesn't work. It returns to login page. Can you help me? Thank you!

Fyi:

BitDifender detects allmost all DIVA installation folder content as AVC!

601 - 620 of 1154 Posts