SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1154 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Right click on it and make click "run as Admin"

also make sure you have admin rights in the user profile. I haven't tried printing, although I can't imagine it being a problem.
Amazing!

it's downloading, and i'll update when tested !

·
Registered
414 Posts
Amazing!

it's downloading, and i'll update when tested !

Everything worked as it should,at least for the standalone vida.
Vm connects to the network, admin mode is working,accessible control panel.

Instructions printed.
I will try to hook the dice when i have time :)

Envoyé de mon SM-N920W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
VIDA-Dice-2014D-VM-Image-Download-Link

Created an VMware image that you can download and run using VMWare's free program called "VMWare Workstation Player". Compressed the file is 7.8GB, extracted it is 28GB. It's Windows 7 Pro 32bit, 4GB ram dedicated, 2 cores dedicated. Just download, extract, install VMWare Player and run. VMware Player is available for Windows and Linux 64bit. If you use a Mac, please use VMware Fusion. Sadly Fusion is not free. If would like to see a VirtualBox version, please leave a comment below. I have a 4K display so you MIGHT need to change the resolution on first boot with your machine to adjust to size if you are not using a 4K equivalent . When logging in, use 'admin' or '1'. The only app you can use, and thankfully need to use is the 'all-in-one'. The rest on the desktop are pointless. If you wish to insure that your download completely without errors or issues, below is the MD5 hash. Enjoy!

2014D Image - Download Here.
MD5 (Service Machine.7z) = cd289736196cf08f0f6a35df3b25eab6
Password is V0lv02Rule

VMWare Player - Download Here

NOTE: If you don't have it, get it. 7-ZIP - http://7-zip.org/. You'll need it to extract the image.
Can I use it on my laptop with Windows 10 professional?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Can I use this on my laptop with Windows 10 professional?
As long as your laptop meets the requirements for Windows 10, VMware Player with the dedicated specs. I recommend no less than 6GB ram and Intel dual core i3. This is because you are running 2 copies of windows 10, plus VMware...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Download link

Hi there!

Trying to use yhe downloadlink for VIda but it seems to be corrupt, or am i doing something wrong perhaps??

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hi there!

Trying to use yhe downloadlink for VIda but it seems to be corrupt, or am i doing something wrong perhaps??
It's hosted on Onedrive, did you log in with a Microsoft account, or create one to log in with?
You'll also need a program to unzip the file, 7zip, winrar, etc would do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As i suspected

It's hosted on Onedrive, did you log in with a Microsoft account, or create one to log in with?
You'll also need a program to unzip the file, 7zip, winrar, etc would do.
I did not log in so that was of course the problem...
Thanks anyway for quick reply.

·
Registered
112 Posts
A word of caution: I have Windows 10 64 bit running on an old laptop with the Intel Pentium P6100 procesor and this processor does not support VT, thus I get the error [ this kernel requires an x86-64 CPU, but only detected an i686 CPU-unable to boot]. I also run Linux 64 bit with virtual box and get the same error there. So, I believe it is the processor.

·
Registered
144 Posts
32 bit upload

Hey there
Thanks roxanaschram for posting this ImG
I'm not very computer savvy... but i went ahead and bought a Chinese Dice from AliBabba and the software disks are corrupt or somthing because they simply do not load on my Lenovo R500 32bit Thinkpad.

So when i saw this thread I was quite excited and downloaded the IMG and tried to get it running but only realized later that I need a 64 bit OS machine to run the VMware :(

Cheers
Dean

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I'm currently working on building an image you flash to a usb drive and boot from. This will allow 32bit users to have access to a prebuilt environment that can be separated from their day to day system. First build will most likely require some form of UEFI enabled firmware/BIOS.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
A word of caution: I have Windows 10 64 bit running on an old laptop with the Intel Pentium P6100 procesor and this processor does not support VT, thus I get the error [ this kernel requires an x86-64 CPU, but only detected an i686 CPU-unable to boot]. I also run Linux 64 bit with virtual box and get the same error there. So, I believe it is the processor.
Yeah, the VM build does require VT as a minimum, VT-d is best. The next release will be better for those using older hardware. I will continue to try and make sure options so that everyone is covered. A Virtual Box version is to come as well so that Mac users have a free options.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Actually, I have to correct myself!;) Even with the Intel Pentium P6100 I have een able to run VirtualBox and create a Windoes 7 VM on my Windows 10 machine. Go figure.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yeah, the VM build does require VT as a minimum, VT-d is best. The next release will be better for those using older hardware. I will continue to try and make sure options so that everyone is covered. A Virtual Box version is to come as well so that Mac users have a free options.
Well, I finally got VIDA installed on a VirtualBox Windows 7 Pro, without VT( my processor does not have VT). Host is Windows 10 64 Bit with Intel Pentium P6100, a fairly older processor. Created a VMDK and added it to the VirtualBox settings for the Win 7 Pro. I used the VMWare 7 zip downloaded version. The VIDA icons appear on the Win7 Virtual machine desktop with the Vida All-in-One icon along with some others. the All-in-One runs fine. Now I have to obtain a DICE unit. Anyone recommend any good ones?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Well, I finally got VIDA installed on a VirtualBox Windows 7 Pro, without VT( my processor does not have VT). Host is Windows 10 64 Bit with Intel Pentium P6100, a fairly older processor. Created a VMDK and added it to the VirtualBox settings for the Win 7 Pro. I used the VMWare 7 zip downloaded version. The VIDA icons appear on the Win7 Virtual machine desktop with the Vida All-in-One icon along with some others. the All-in-One runs fine. Now I have to obtain a DICE unit. Anyone recommend any good ones?
I got this one, has been working well for me.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/VOLVO-VIDA...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
New download links, walk-throughs coming soon!

·
Registered
414 Posts
I can not open : " VMWare 2014D Image - Download Here (Service Machine) " . It is requesting a password. Any ideas?
Look at the first post....take your time....

V0lv02Rule is the password for the service machibe

Envoyé de mon SM-N920W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 1154 Posts