SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
I've got some very nice laptops CURRENTLY available.

$215 shipped... Dell D630, 14” screen, 1.8-2.0ghz dual core, 3gb of ram (+$10 for 4gb), 120gb hard drive, with a new laptop battery.

or MY MOST POPULAR:

$290 shipped... Panasonic Toughbook CF74, 13.3” screen (touchscreen with stylus), 2.0-2.4ghz dual core, 3gb of ram (+$10 for 4gb), 120gb hard drive, and a new laptop battery.
(Or $250 shipped for the same type of Toughbook without a touchscreen.)

Lifetime warranty on either.

These are VIDA dedicated machines, and really intended just for that for flawless operation that's always ready when you are... but if you’re in the market for a laptop for yourself as well, I do have a Dell E6400 that could be an option... let me know if something like that may interest. This is a more powerful computer with two installs of windows (Win7 and Win10) that you choose one when you turn it on. Because of the better equipment, larger HDD, and two installs... it’s a little more expensive ($280 shipped). I could go more into that if needed.

I'm always available to build a custom machine too.

I'm currently sold out of DICE units, but I can get you a link to a good seller that ships from the US and fast.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks guys!

I just ordered a replacement Vida/Dice laptop from Dave. The laptop is exactly what I needed to diagnose the VR and new C70 T5. It was on my doorstep in two days from Nevada to PA. Great service and a great product. If you need a Vida unit with all the software installed and configured then this is the spot.

Hi everyone, just an FYI.... (if you're on facebook, you've probably seen me).... if you're looking for a low-stress solution to VIDA, with a lifetime warranty and tech support in case of future issues....

I have been selling laptops to the Volvo-owners community with VIDA 2014D pre-loaded and tested, for a while now. I have many customers that would attest to this being a great product and service.

PRICE = $215 shipped, for laptop with VIDA 2014D and genuine, activated, Windows 7 Pro (does not includes DiCE unit)

LIFETIME warranty on the laptop. (exceptions: 2 years on the LCD screen, 1 year on the laptop battery... but the heart of the machine I will warranty for life. Repair or replace. But really, if you use it as a dedicated VIDA laptop mainly, it'll last you years and years.)

These are very solid laptops, that I completely refurbish myself. I open them up, clean, tighten, and replace components. Specs vary depending on the build, but they all meet the minimum specs (all have at least 3gb of RAM) and run VIDA very well. Most include new components, like hard drives, RAM, the laptop battery itself, and/or other pieces. But I thoroughly test everything. I also replace the CMOS battery on all of the machines, so you won't have any system time errors.

You get the DiCE unit, and it's plug-and-play for you. Simple. No headaches for you, and I'm always here to help with any issues.

I can also do "custom builds" (with money down).... more RAM, solid-state hard drive, small sized laptops, back-lit keyboard, super long battery life, Toughbooks, whatever you need, with a little time I can probably do it .... let me know what you'd like, and we can chat about it.

Lastly... another option I can work with you on is to have you send me your computer, I set it all up and send back. I can even upgrade RAM or HDD if it needs it. That service starts at $75 (includes return shipping), and goes up based on if it needs any equipment (for example, 1GB of RAM would be an extra $10.)

You can send me a message here, or send an e-mail to: DavidRLeach(at)gmail.com

I also have pictures of some builds and answers to FAQs at..... https://www.facebook.com/DaveLeachVIDALaptops/
Cool, Bro. I am interested. Does the VIDA able to detect my June 2016 Volvo S60 T5 Drive-E?

Discussion starter · #25 ·
VIDA2GO

ANNOUNCING SOMETHING NEW!

We have a completely new setup! Not only do we now have VIDA 2014D on Windows10, with full WiFi and no limits, but also, NEW programs, NEW portable capabilities, and a whole new way to do a VIDA laptop!!

WELCOME to the cool new development in the world of VIDA laptops... VIDA2GO!

Just plug the SSD drive into a USB port on your laptop and boot from that. USB 2.0 or 3.0, either is fine. (May require some simple changes to the bios to allow this.) Like a complete computer in a small USB drive. Shutdown the computer and unplug the VIDA drive and the computer boots up like normal again, using your regular hard drive.

VIDA2GO USB SSD = $100 shipped!!
(Only $15 more to ship to Canada.)

Maybe "VIDA laptop" isn't a good name anymore, maybe it's just a garage laptop. As this includes programs for any make or model you have. And with this system, you can add future programs if you'd like. A program for another make, or your tuner's software... you can install it all onto this system, and it will not conflict.

Already own a VIDA laptop, and want this? As long as it's a 64-bit system, it will run this portable SSD. Plug in, boot from the usb device, and you're off.

Details:

Aluminum case
128gb portable SSD
USB 3.1 gen 2 (up to 540mbps)
Windows 10
Boot from your own laptop
Plug 'N Play
USB 2.0 or 3.0 compatible

Programs included:

VIDA 2014D + EWD
VIDA 2015
VDash
Haynes Pro
Autocom Delphi 2016
MS Office 2019
Vol-FCR 1.3 & 1.7.6

VIDA2-GO-4
VIDA2-GO-3
VIDA2-GO-2

Congratulations on the next evolution of your products. Very big news.
Does anyone happen to know if this USB VIDA will work on a Macbook Pro that has Windows software installed on it?

Discussion starter · #27 · (Edited)
Congratulations on the next evolution of your products. Very big news.
Does anyone happen to know if this USB VIDA will work on a Macbook Pro that has Windows software installed on it?
Yes. I have it setup in a way that it will work with MacBook and a few of my customers are already doing it. (I thought I added that in this description?)

If you let me know it's going to be used in a MacBook I can get you the smaller usb cable with the SSD that you'll need too.... usb-c? I think it's called.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Yes. I have it setup in a way that it will work with MacBook and a few of my customers are already doing it. (I thought I added that in this description?)

Looks like I didn't.

I had it posted in the classifieds, that's where I had added it, but they killed it (I think they think I'm a business and not just a volvo enthusiast serving the community.)

Ok, thank you for following up. I have a Early 2011 Macbook Pro (A1278) I've used since college and the thing just keeps on ticking.
I asked for the plug and play campatibility with macbooks to determine if it would work on my actual model instead of having to buy the whole laptop with software.
But I'm not sure if my Pro can work with Windows 10.

I just may have to bite the bullet and get another laptop.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
I reviewed it. The instructions were correct and I've found I'm running MacBookPro8,1. Never had heard of winclone though.
Will review best method to install windows on my mac ... parental duties for now. Thanks for the help

So I took a look at going the "windows install on a macbook" route and I don't think it will be worth the trouble taken.
I will outright purchase a separate laptop(on my own) and then purchase the new VIDA usb drive + DICE unit your facebook is showing you have in stock.
How does that sound?

Discussion starter · #33 ·
From M.Leavesley in the UK. Thanks for the explanation!

A Friend asked the difference between Initial State, Unselected CSC and Delivery when fault finding in Vida.

Initial State is a list of codes from the modules and they are stored in VIDA, if VIDA is not used correctly Initial State can be totally misleading. This is why most people say “what’s on the DELIVERY tab?”

When you connect a car to VIDA and read the vehicle, if it’s the VERY FIRST time, it reads all the codes in all the modules and stores them in VIDA, this is Initial State.

You can then clear the codes on the delivery tab, but that does not update Initial State (IS).

After clearing codes you can update IS by going to Diagnostics, Details, then hit update , this then rescans the car for active faults and updates Initial State.

You will also be prompted to do UPDATE when reconnecting to a car for a new session. This Will update IS.

An important thing about IS, is that it holds much more information about the fault code than Delivery Does. How many times its triggered, and a bunch of parameters of data from when it was triggered.

Unselected CSC is a way of finding the faults by symptom "Customer Symptom Codes". There is a dropdown box that everyone misses. It is very important.

Another important thing about Unselected CSC is that it easily allows you to get the fault trace for finding and fixing the cause of the error. Find the DTC in the drop down list then hit FAULT TRACE at the bottom.

Of course, you can also get to this information by searching the DTC with the Search function, or looking it up in the List of DTC’s in Information, Fault Tracing, Diagnostic Trouble Codes and Associated Procedures. Some models also have a Generic ODBII code conversion table here.

Basically, if you just use Delivery, you are using VIDA as a code reader and not a diagnostics tool and ignoring all the work Volvo have done to help you Fault trace the issue

EBAY sellers of VIDA DICE units

Hi TacklaNHL,

If a person is going to go either the new SSD route (which is attractive to me since I already have a perfectly functioning USB-bootable Core 2, 8GB laptop), is there an preferred Ebay seller or sellers we should buy the Vida Dice unit from?

I can't understand why some VIDA DICE Ebay sellers--- from the U.S.---- are trying to sell theirs at $150-$180 with 2014D software, yet the exact same unit with the exact same software is available (on Ebay---from HongKong/China for only $90-$100.

Are there different units? They look exactly the same. Descriptions (down to the letter) are basically the same. So what gives?

If we buy the SSD from you, which VIDA DICE seller should we buy the unit from?

Thanks for any reply/help.
(sending this msg to your email too)

Hi TacklaNHL,

If a person is going to go either the new SSD route (which is attractive to me since I already have a perfectly functioning USB-bootable Core 2, 8GB laptop), is there an preferred Ebay seller or sellers we should buy the Vida Dice unit from?

I can't understand why some VIDA DICE Ebay sellers--- from the U.S.---- are trying to sell theirs at $150-$180 with 2014D software, yet the exact same unit with the exact same software is available (on Ebay---from HongKong/China for only $90-$100.

Are there different units? They look exactly the same. Descriptions (down to the letter) are basically the same. So what gives?

If we buy the SSD from you, which VIDA DICE seller should we buy the unit from?
Dave can get you the Dice, too. I bought my whole setup from him (SSD and Dice), and it's *flawless*. Highly recommended!

Joe

Discussion starter · #37 ·
Discussion starter · #40 ·
VIDA2GO $100
Dice $150
Shipping to Canada, $10 per item.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts