SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 V60 Cross Country
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I resurrected the old thread on the XC60 forum but thought I would ask it as a general question too. Has anyone heard of a switch in VIDA that would allow the vehicle to remain running when a door is opened after remote starting. I am pretty sure that ours is the only remote start (in the US anyway) that shuts off the car when you open the door. There was mention of liability but that seems a bit silly since you need the key fob to open the door and regardless, if you step on the brake, the engine shuts off.

Volvo, are you listening?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Why do you want to remote start your car and open the doors? Bait car?

·
Registered
2020 V60 Cross Country
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why do you want to remote start your car and open the doors? Bait car?
So I can get in? It's cold so I start the car before I get in, I go to the car and open the door, the car shuts off, I get in the car, I restart the car. Virtually every other remote start system leaves the car running unless you step on the brake.

·
Registered
65 Posts
GM cars with remote start don't shut the car down when you open the door. You just get in and insert the key or press the start button on keyless cars and off you go.

·
Registered
2020 V60 Cross Country
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GM cars with remote start don't shut the car down when you open the door. You just get in and insert the key or press the start button on keyless cars and off you go.
Exactly. Same with 3rd party systems.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Toyota shuts off the car when the door is opened after remote starting. It is annoying, but it seems to be trending that way.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I also find it annoying, but if someone gets into your car, with keyless drive they won't need the key to drive off. I am sure there is a Volvo safety reason behind it also... I will eventually get used to it...

·
Registered
397 Posts
The remote start in my prior vehicle (Ford Escape) also shut down when the door was opened. It was a dealer-installed system back by Ford. The remote start was set up to behave this way by default. I found a procedure online to reprogram the remote starter to remain running when the door was opened. I really wish I could reprogram my Volvo's remote starter to behave the same way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts