SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone with VIDA look up the instructions for removing the drivers side front axle and tell me the part number listed for the axle removal tool?

Spent about an hour trying every pry bar concoction I could come up with and finally gave up. Damn you Volvo to recessing the axle into the trans :mad: Makes it a royal PIA to remove when you can't evenly pry on both sides of the axle.

I'm hoping I can just order the special tool thru SPX.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that looks like it, comes up on the SPX website and looks very simila.

·
Registered
290 Posts
uuummm what u doing with your axles? just sniffin.
i need new both left and right, mine is the old version part# 30735973, after 2 versions the new is 36000559.
old causes vibration. :(

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Replacing the inner boot that's torn, I replaced the passenger side inner boot for the same problem quite a few months ago and went pretty well. The drivers side is held in with a clip however so unless u can get even pressure it just binds.

The inner joints don't separate, unless you file the indents on the side of the tripod housing. Then you can pull the joint apart and pound the joint off the shaft, replace boot, and reinstall. Then just take a punch and smack some new indents in to lock the joint again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts