SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to have the wiring diagrams of our XC90. They used to be available as
a separate pdf document, but I understand that they are now inbedded in Vida.
I would like to know how one can access and print the diagrams and if it is doable
to assemble a file comparable to the wiring diagrams of previous models.
If this can be done, I consider buying a 3 day subscription but I want to prevent
the cost and the trouble of installing Vida only to find out that wiring details can
only be viewed topic by topic and that it would take forever to assemble them.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
It would take forever to print them all. There wouldn't be a way to assemble them into one diagram either.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Forgot to mention that I wouldn't assemble to one big diagram, but in one "bundle",
one pdf containing all diagrams. It may have been unclear (this happens).

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
I thought you meant assemble them all together into one large one.

In any case, the diagrams for SPA cars are much more difficult to navigate than the previous cars. I don't think you'll get the results you want with a 3 day subscription.

·
Registered
174 Posts
They are organized by topic, and they are extremely detailed, down to the wire/connector/color, as one would expect.

You can print individual diagrams to PDF, then review/print to paper as required.

Topics are things like "audio" or "protected ecu can" or "safety can" etc, so they're fairly broad.

The UI is a bit tricky to use at first... But what task are you looking to achieve that requires more than 3-4 different topics?

And if you have trouble navigating the tool, I'd be glad to help. Spent a bit of time in there myself when I was installing my ROIK android box.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had the diagrams for the XC70, so if the new ones look anything like that, I won't have problems "reading" them.
I am not looking for anything specific, I would like to have all the diagrams in case a problem arises. I am aware
of the complexities of these cars and I fear that over time (I keep cars at least 10 years, often much longer) there
can/will arise problems. It once saved me the cost of replacing a O2 sensor of our XC70 when I found that it was a
wiring problem (one of the wires from the sensor to the connector was broken, probably because of an overtight strap).
The problem would have been solved if the sensor was replaced, but without the need for it.
So I would like to "collect" all the wiring diagrams as a troubleshooting guide. Other than that, I find these diagrams
very interesting, there is a lot to learn from them.

Could you make an estimate of the number of topics and/or the time it will take to print them to a pdf file?

If someone with a subscription would be willing to do it, I would gladly pay for it (or pay part of a 3 day subscription
if someone would need it for something else but would be willing to retrieve the diagrams during the subscription).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts