SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1361 - 1380 of 1395 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
What is wrong wrong drivers or faulty dice device? ive tryed to install drivers also using oracle vm cant get it to work
Is your USB port version 1, 2 or 3?
You need to configure that VM accordingly based on your USB port type.

If your host computer detects and install drivers ok, then the fault is in your VM.
Try to install that device to host first and see what happens.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi, i have errors trying to install VIDA2014D or 2015D (same errors) using the .iso file burned on DVDR. here is the log errors. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,363 ·
As I said in the email, I don't provide support for direct installs of VIDA because there are a lot more variables that can cause an issue during install like pending updates, pending restarts, required component failed during install, other programs install that use Java, cellphone applications, antivirus programs, anti-malware programs, other programs using the port 80. You may fix the first error but then you will find another. You will need to locate the error message in the log file. That picture does not contain the entire log either and the error message is most likely further up. This is the entire reason why I created the virtual machines in the first place. I understand people get frustrated that I don't support direct installs but there is just too much dedicated time that I would have to give directly to a person for a community project. I used to offer dedicated support but after doing several of them and the hassle of working out issues with each one, then dealing with people that try to charge-back the payment after I had spent hours getting it installed and working, plus showing how to use the program, it's not worth it to me.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi Roxana, i would gladly use the VM if only my WIn10 laptop would allow me to download it!!!! Tried 10 times and 10 times it said (at the end of download of course), ERROR ANALYSIS FILE....

I succeeded having it on my Mac but cant find a thing large enough to copy it onto.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,365 ·
The OVA file you download is 15.2GB - 15.6GB large. A 16GB USB drive might not be large enough because they are normally 16GB raw storage, not actual storage. A 32GB drive should be. As for not being able to download the VM to your Windows 10 laptop, it not something I can control. I have started allowing download managers on the site to see if the new server can handle the enormous amount of connections and reconnections they generate. Free download manager is one that works but you would need to install the app and the browser extension.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Finally been able to download and install the VM on my WIN10 laptop. Vida is running (slow but..) running. Problem is now with DICE. I can see and select DICE into the drop-down menu but testing it returns a COMMUNICATION ERROR. I know DICE is sound because I used it on my old (crashed) laptop.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,367 ·
If you run the diag test on the dice amd it passes then it may be an issue with the car communicating. If it fails it could be the dice, cable off the dice or the usb port on the computer. The usb cable on the dice are replaceable but the obd cable is not.

·
Registered
184 Posts
That DICE worked on my previous laptop (stopped working). Still trying to install on a WIN7Pro. That VM thing is so sluggish. Looking after a WIN7PRo 64-bit license. Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I tried the VM version but it was so slow that it was useless. I added ram memory to 12 Gb but no help. Processor load was only 20% and memory load about the same only 25%. All virtual systems off but still extremely slow. I gave up and updated my win10 home to PRO and made the direct installation. It was easy, no problem at all. Just follow Roxana's video instructions. You'll find the win10pro update offer in very good price, google it. Quick and easy, add the generic pro key code when wifi is off then restart and add your new personal key code and wifi on -> activation ok. Takes about three minutes with pro add on installation included. No need to make the time consuming complete win10 pro installation.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,372 ·
Yeah, there is a Windows 10 installer for VIDA on volvodiag. Its a direct installer not virtual machine.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi Roxanaschram, i dont see any direct install on your download page. Only easy way (VM on WIN10) or hardest way (WIN7PRO). Am I missing something?

For now, I have succeeded installing VM on my WIN10:
  • VIDA is running (once there)
  • I can select DICE
  • on the VM parameters -> USB I can see STEK USB DICE
  • cant read vehicle
  • DIAGNOSIS -> UDPATE tab is dimmed
  • when diagnosing DICE, and testing, I get a communication error.

Any clue someone?

Thanks!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,374 ·
" and if on Windows 7 Professional, pretty straight forward ". There are 2 installers on the hard way page, the original installer method for Windows 7 and Windows 10, and below that is the Windows 10 installer I made that is currently beta. Every single issue you are having has been gone over several times and all you need to do is search and you will find the answer.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Great. As soon as I get rid of the DICE problem - not recognized by neither WIN7PRO or WIN10 VM, I give WIN10PRO install a try.

I begin to think the problem lies in the DICE, that was acting properly on my old VM machine.

Thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
i thought i saw somewhere that you need to stick with VirtualBox 6.1.14. is that still the case, or will 6.1.20 work just as well?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,378 ·
Yes it will work with newer versions. Its just recommended to use 6.1.14 because several people were not able to import the virtual machine but after downgrading to 6.1.14 it imported without issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I signed up for volvodiag.com and paid the entry fee only to get the message "Access Denied" when trying to get the vmware image... Really hoping there is a way to sort this out...

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,380 ·
Try again...

Reactions: vogard
1361 - 1380 of 1395 Posts