SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1341 - 1360 of 1395 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a slight problem.
I just purchased VXDIAG VCX NANO and then installed virtual machine version of Vida 2014D.
Everything else is working fine but VCX device does not communicate with my Volvo V70 2.5TD 2001 through Vida software.
Device is listed as communication device on Vida though.
If I enter manually my VIN code it will bring normal car info like year model etc. but diagnostic feature odes nothing. It tries to read car but nothing shows up.

VX Manager reads the device ok.

Any info how to get it working?
I have spend 2 days now to trying to figure out how to proceed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
[QUOTE = "roxanaschram, message: 7797463, membre: 169025"]
La phrase "en fait quand je clique pour prendre le logiciel vidé au premier son commense rechargé" ne s'est pas traduite correctement car elle n'a aucun sens. Je pense que vous dites que vous avez essayé d'importer l'appliance virtuelle et que cela a échoué. Pourquoi je ne sais pas, vous n'avez pas publié le code d'erreur. Je suppose que ce sera "E_INVALIDARG (0x80070057)". Ce code d'erreur est le plus courant et discuté et la solution donnée à plusieurs reprises. S'il s'agit de ce code d'erreur, il vous suffit de rechercher ce code dans le fil de discussion et vous trouverez la réponse.
[/CITATION]

Code d'erreur:
E_INVALIDARG (0x80070057)

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,343 ·
I have a slight problem.
I just purchased VXDIAG VCX NANO and then installed virtual machine version of Vida 2014D.
Everything else is working fine but VCX device does not communicate with my Volvo V70 2.5TD 2001 through Vida software.
If I enter manually my VIN code it will bring normal car info like year model etc. but diagnostic feature odes nothing. It tries to read car but nothing shows up.

If VIDA sees it but it won't read the car then there are two possibilities. The OBD port isn't working or the device is defective. If you can read the car with a standard OBD scanner then it is likely the device. Since you're using a VM I'm assuming you did install the drivers and software for your VX in the virtual machine and have it actively selected for pass-through to the VM when trying to use it. Every time you plug in the DICE or VX you must pass it through unless you configure Virtual Box the automatically do so.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,344 ·
[QUOTE = "roxanaschram, message: 7797463, membre: 169025"]
La phrase "en fait quand je clique pour prendre le logiciel vidé au premier son commense rechargé" ne s'est pas traduite correctement car elle n'a aucun sens. Je pense que vous dites que vous avez essayé d'importer l'appliance virtuelle et que cela a échoué. Pourquoi je ne sais pas, vous n'avez pas publié le code d'erreur. Je suppose que ce sera "E_INVALIDARG (0x80070057)". Ce code d'erreur est le plus courant et discuté et la solution donnée à plusieurs reprises. S'il s'agit de ce code d'erreur, il vous suffit de rechercher ce code dans le fil de discussion et vous trouverez la réponse.
[/CITATION]

Code d'erreur:
E_INVALIDARG (0x80070057)
That's what I thought. Just search the error code in this thread and you'll find the answer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a slight problem.

How did you get VX Manager to read device. Windows finds my device but VX does not? Any suggestions

·
Registered
9 Posts
If VIDA sees it but it won't read the car then there are two possibilities. The OBD port isn't working or the device is defective. If you can read the car with a standard OBD scanner then it is likely the device. Since you're using a VM I'm assuming you did install the drivers and software for your VX in the virtual machine and have it actively selected for pass-through to the VM when trying to use it. Every time you plug in the DICE or VX you must pass it through unless you configure Virtual Box the automatically do so.
I just find out on one video on youtube that VX is using ONLY passtrough VX Manager drivers.
I downloaded the latest VX Manager version and installed it on my virtual machine. (You need to disable virus scan because zip file includes trojan)
Now I need to go to the car with my laptop and VX device and check if that works. I will let you know later.
How did you get VX Manager to read device. Windows finds my device but VX does not? Any suggestions
Install latest VX Manager with Passthrough driver and Volvo vida driver (VX device unplugged from computer) then connect device to USB port and start VX Manager. Select passtrough mode and your device accordingly. Old version has license expired on those 2 modules.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice. Everything works ok now. I got my error codes cleared and read. MIL light was on because of EGR faulty readings.
The main point is that VCX NANO must be installed with latest VX Manager and in that manager installation Passtrough module must be installed also.
Now I have virtual W7 with working Vida installation for VCX Nano device. :D
Finding solution took me over 2 days of hard work and lot of time sitting in the cold car.
Now I need my daily dose of coffee. :D

·
Registered
XC70
2 Posts
Hi,

I've been using VMware & some older Vida previously and now switched to VirtualBox & Vida 2014D, thanks to volvodiag.com.
The problem with the new setup is that some texts and graphics are blurry, not pixel perfect.
All resolutions (host & VM) are 1920*1080, using full screen, scaling is at 100% etc.

Is there something that I'm missing?
Even tried to search for a solution but couldn't find one :)

Thank you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Use smaller resolution on your virtual machine because display adapter RAM is limited to 128MB by default on that virtual image. ;)
You may change that display adapter RAM size on your VBOX image settings and then change resolution inside the W7 image. ;)

BTW I used that volvodiag.com virtual image for building VCX NANO compatible system.
I added USB 2.0 support (because I didn't have any USB 3.0 ports)
I also changed processor cores from 4 to 1 (Now it's running smooth on my old laptop)
I'm going to export that virtual machine to my USB drive for further use.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Im installing the vm on the application and around 24% it errors with this ,

Failed to import appliance Downloads/VIDA-2014D-English.ova.
Result Code: E_INVALIDARG (0x80070057)

any ideas why its not working ?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,352 ·
@KosS60R Read post #1. Then look 8 posts above your post.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,355 ·
The top device is your dice. It says dice. “Unknown Device 17AA : D1CE”. >> D1CE. <<

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,357 ·
possible to have bad DICE or cheap dice. If you want to rule out the windows system you load the VM on, you can download the DICE drivers from the site and see what the host os says about the unit.

·
Registered
XC70
2 Posts
Use smaller resolution on your virtual machine because display adapter RAM is limited to 128MB by default on that virtual image. ;)
You may change that display adapter RAM size on your VBOX image settings and then change resolution inside the W7 image. ;)

BTW I used that volvodiag.com virtual image for building VCX NANO compatible system.
I added USB 2.0 support (because I didn't have any USB 3.0 ports)
I also changed processor cores from 4 to 1 (Now it's running smooth on my old laptop)
I'm going to export that virtual machine to my USB drive for further use.
Thanks,
I did adjust video adapter RAM from 128 to 256 but it didn't help. (Didn't change the resolution though)

But changing the browser from IE to Chrome on the Vida virtual machine did the trick.
There was / is some weird IE related rendering issue. Host laptop is an old Lenovo Yoga.

Running the same image on another laptop didn't have any issues, even though the resolution etc. are the same.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks,
I did adjust video adapter RAM from 128 to 256 but it didn't help. (Didn't change the resolution though)

But changing the browser from IE to Chrome on the Vida virtual machine did the trick.
There was / is some weird IE related rendering issue. Host laptop is an old Lenovo Yoga.

Running the same image on another laptop didn't have any issues, even though the resolution etc. are the same.
Check your IE version. It must be at least 9, 10 preferred.
Vida is connected to IE and may not work with Chrome or Firefox.
Change also your resolution to fit your native resolution of your laptop. (that may help)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm running VCX NANO on both systems now succesfully. One is virtual machine (installed on W10) and one is native W7 32bit Ultimate. On virtual version I have English language on Vida and native has Finnish language. :)

1341 - 1360 of 1395 Posts