SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1961 - 1980 of 1984 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,962 ·
Yeah, there is an astrict before and after the work hyper with no space... Have you been doing that when you run it, you only have one result posted and you should have a whole string of them like I did

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,963 · (Edited)
[hidden]

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,965 ·

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,967 ·
@FireFly666

haha... @#$%! That could be a WHOLE different issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey therem, I am brand new to Vida, just wanting to check is there a way to check if my DiCE is working? Using the Vida all in one tool, what options should i use to test if my DiCE is working? I think it might be playing up.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Need some help, tried searching, but likely the terms I'm using are too generic so not getting much but way of useful results.

In trying to run Vida on a VM, it was working fine, but today when I tried to open it I just get errors saying cannot connect to local host. I've rebooted the virtual machine, restarted laptop itself, but no joy. Any suggestions how to get it working again?

Thanks.

Edit: So, I left this a couple hours and decided to try again. When I started the VM, it went through an update, I then noticed the little Vida icon in the corner had a green arrow. Opened up Vida and it connected and ran through diagnostics without issue. Not sure why it was acting up earlier, but all good now.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,970 ·
@kizza1234 The best test is to just try and use it If it doesn't work to read the car, but you can read it with a cheap obd2 scanner, then it's probably bad...

@abcdefghii It timed out on start up due to background stuff running probably

Reactions: abcdefghii

·
Registered
15 Posts
So me being a noob with VIDA(but not programming or reverse engineering), will the VIDA that is sold online allow me to install software on my car, specifically change the trip computer language, enable features in the trip computer etc? Or are these versions all limited to monitoring only?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,973 ·
@dikidera Use VDash to change language of display. VIDA won't do that.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,975 ·
No. Vida is for diagnostic use and vehicle maintenance This version can not do any software updates or install

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,977 ·
You need to ask this over at VDASH, this thread has nothing to do with VDASH.

·
Registered
86 Posts
whats this mean?

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine Windows 10 VIDA.
Could not open the medium 'C:\Users\Parker\VirtualBox VMs\Windows 10 VIDA\Windows 10 VIDA-disk001.vdi'.
VDI: error reading pre-header in 'C:\Users\Parker\VirtualBox VMs\Windows 10 VIDA\Windows 10 VIDA-disk001.vdi' (VERR_EOF).
VD: error VERR_VD_VDI_INVALID_HEADER opening image file 'C:\Users\Parker\VirtualBox VMs\Windows 10 VIDA\Windows 10 VIDA-disk001.vdi' (VERR_VD_VDI_INVALID_HEADER).
Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component: MediumWrap
Interface: IMedium {ad47ad09-787b-44ab-b343-a082a3f2dfb1}

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,980 ·
Potentially data corruption. This could be caused by several things such as the file is located on the drive where it has several bad sectors or the physical computer/virtual computer wasn't shut down correctly

1961 - 1980 of 1984 Posts