SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1981 - 1986 of 1986 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,981 ·
FYI, as it shows in the how-to video for importing... I always recommend "unchecking" the VDI import option during import.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,983 ·
I would try re-importing the virtual machine, then delete the old one. That way if it was caused by bad sectors at that location on the drive platter, it is forced to write to another area

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got 2014D installed successfully after many VIDA NOT OK messages. The fix in my case was to fully remove the SQL Server 2008 using the uninstall tool. Uninstall all the VIDA and DICE files and then do a full reinstall followed by the patch. Machine is a Dell Latitude E6420 running Window 7 pro, 6 gb of memory.

·
Registered
2002 S60 2.4T, 2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD R-Design Platinum
81 Posts
View attachment 124597
Doesnt work failed to attach usb and i cant even choose DiCE unit in vida. Sometimes it says unknown device and sometimes setek ab dice automotive adapter
How did you resolve this? I got this before I installed the expansion pack, and I haven't had a chance to go back and try it again. Also, I'm using 6.0.24; why? Because the latest version (6.1.38) wouldn't install the VM, so I surmised that the latest version of 6.0 might be best - it worked.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am in the process of(I am taking a longer than usual break) of dumping the VIDA data in hopefully just pure HTML and getting rid of the stupid MS SQL database and IE requirement, although...some of the data will require re-organizing because pure html means you cannot search the data. Anyway, I also hope to upload it not just in zip format for all to download offline, but also have a quick reference online and maybe I will upload on github, but this is a long ways off.

1981 - 1986 of 1986 Posts