1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

STOP! Read rules below!

(1.) READ BEFORE POSTING
(2.) SEARCH BEFORE POSTING
(3.) POST IN ENGLISH
(4.) NO PROFANITY, BE RESPECTFUL
(5.) SUPPORT FOR VIRTUAL MACHINES ONLY.

IF YOU ASK SOMETHING THAT HAS BEEN ANSWERED, I'M GOING TO COMPLETELY IGNORE YOUR POST. BE SURE TO CHECK OUT QUESTIONS & ANSWERS PAGE HERE AS WELL IF YOU DON'T FIND YOUR ANSWER HERE.

---------------------------------------------------

Website or downloading issues

If you are having issues accessing the site, upgrading your account or need help with getting something downloaded from volvodiag.com, post a message here to let me know. If you are having issues accessing the site and receive a message saying your IP, IP range, or ASN is blocked, please include the message you receive.

And for the love of God, my name is Roxy, not Roger or Rick, so don't call me dude, bro, or man.

Reasons IP's and ASN's are blocked:

They belong to a data center, they are registered as a VPN, VPS, hosting site or other cloud space services. The IP may have ongoing malicious activities. They have been black listed by other services indicated they are dangerous to sites and servers.

When you connect to the site, the firewall looks at the IP used. It will check the IP to see if it belongs to one of the above. If it does and it's not black listed, it will become blacklisted. This is does to protect the site and network it uses.

Most recent news

VolvoDiag now has a VIN decoder for those that need to use one... It's under the menu "other resources"

New virtual machines are available for both VMware and Virtualbox. Both images are multilingual. These images now include the following languages (Chinese, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Taiwan, Thai) The languages German and Finnish I've added manually because Volvo did not include them in any 2014 releases.

VOLVODIAG.COM IS NOT RELATED, OWNED, OPERATED OR ASSOCIATED WITH VOLVO!!!!

Visit here for downloads: VolvoDiag

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I use admin or 1. Both work for me.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You guys are welcome!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you need a 32bit install, the only good option I can give you is to install directly onto your 32bit system. As TheStillMan has pointed out, no 32bit version of VMW Player. I'll be happy to help you get it running on your system directly.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's the offline software for use with the DiCE unit. Its the app that access all the data that was downloaded to the computer when you install from the DVD... All the rest are useless...

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I use VMware Fusion on the Mac. No need to run a VM inside of a VM/Hypervisor.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Scuby... No problem! Glad I can help! Cheers!

tattvamasi/Rob... Those are not usable unless you actually have a shop with subscription. The only thing you can use is the all in one. Admin and 1 work for logging in to that one.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Can I use this on my laptop with Windows 10 professional?
As long as your laptop meets the requirements for Windows 10, VMware Player with the dedicated specs. I recommend no less than 6GB ram and Intel dual core i3. This is because you are running 2 copies of windows 10, plus VMware...

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I'm currently working on building an image you flash to a usb drive and boot from. This will allow 32bit users to have access to a prebuilt environment that can be separated from their day to day system. First build will most likely require some form of UEFI enabled firmware/BIOS.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
A word of caution: I have Windows 10 64 bit running on an old laptop with the Intel Pentium P6100 procesor and this processor does not support VT, thus I get the error [ this kernel requires an x86-64 CPU, but only detected an i686 CPU-unable to boot]. I also run Linux 64 bit with virtual box and get the same error there. So, I believe it is the processor.
Yeah, the VM build does require VT as a minimum, VT-d is best. The next release will be better for those using older hardware. I will continue to try and make sure options so that everyone is covered. A Virtual Box version is to come as well so that Mac users have a free options.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
New download links, walk-throughs coming soon!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
You're very welcome. Sadly, I'm waiting for better weather here before I can get out to my car with my laptop for the walk throughs on how to do stuff with VIDA. I plan on having a full on resource for 2014D... Maybe even some videos...

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
No problem....

EVERYONE! READ THE FIRST POST, new patch information!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Seems that the download amount for Onedrive has been exceeded.. Unable to download

Great idea of running Vida by VM and share it btw!
Never had that happen before, added a second location... Sorry.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Shoot!
I was about to dowload the 2018 patch :(

Envoyé de mon SM-N920W8 en utilisant Tapatalk
No worries, new link and new 2022 patch.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Who’s going to be using 2014d in 2030

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
OK, lets see, its 2018, and there are people with 1999 models still using it...and thats 19 years....the last model covered is 2015...which too 2030 is 15 years soooo...lots of people. But my patch is TWENTY ONE THIRTY! not 2030, 2130....why? why not . 2022 is a waste of everyone's time.
People are driving 1999 model cars, not using 1999 developed software, if you have a problem with my patch or any work I've done, you aren't being forced to use it. I'd appreciate it if you didn't fill up the thread with wasteful posts.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
:p Happy New Years! I'm going to be working on the VIDA code to try and update the web interface so it's the first of possibly many patches...

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
With IE, you can 'zoom out' with (CTRL & -). Not sure how well this will work with VIDA. Also you can try to change the display resolution. Even though I setup with a 4K display, it should automatically change to what ever your monitor can handle. Also, go full screen with the VM. As far as the printer goes, you will need to tell VMWare to FORWARD the printer to the VM. You can do this but finding the menu that lists the USB devices connected and tell it to connect that device to the VM.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
So it looks like having the second download link was a good thing, just this week it's transferred over 2TB.

1 - 20 of 714 Posts